Roasted Red Pepper Dip

I made this dip for Hubby and a friend when they were hanging out. It made a huge amount of dip! Since we had so much leftover, we got creative with it. We spread it on top of some salmon and baked the salmon in the oven – it was AWESOME! I would recommend doing that if you have leftovers of this dip. Or even just make this as a salmon topping.

The original recipe called for 2 cloves of garlic and I always double the garlic in recipes. However, this time that was a little bit overkill. The garlic is very strong in this dip, so keep that in mind. Also, I think it would have been smoother if it had been mixed in a blender instead of a food processor.

Roasted Red Pepper Dip – adapted from Milk & Honey
1 large jar of roasted red peppers – drained and blotted dry
1 red onion – chopped
4 garlic cloves – this is a LOT of garlic, if I make it again, I’d use 2 or 3
1/4 cup dry breadcumbs
1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon chipotle hot sauce

Place peppers, onion, and garlic in a food processor; process until finely chopped.

Add remaining ingredients; process until smooth. Serve with pita chips.

11 Responses to “Caramelized Butternut Squash”

Pam — November 15, 2010 at 12:52 pm

I have been loving Butternut Squash more than ever this season, myself! Your pictures are lovely, and making me hungry!

Lauren — November 15, 2010 at 1:01 pm

I LOVE butternut squash… especially when roasted until slightly crisp on the outside. Your caramelized version looks great – I will need to add a touch of brown sugar and butter next time I make it.

Boston Food Diary — November 15, 2010 at 3:45 pm

YUM!!! I started my butternut squash kick this weekend- this looks amazing!

Melissa — November 15, 2010 at 3:55 pm

I have a butternut squash from my CSA that I’m dying to cut into. I have a question though, how does one peel a butternut squash?

Jen — November 15, 2010 at 3:57 pm

Melissa – I like to use a Y-shaped vegetable peeler to peel the skin off. You could do it with a knife, but I would be worried about cutting myself.

Julie — November 15, 2010 at 4:10 pm

Sounds like a fabulous way to prepare those squash. I’ll have to remember this for if we have another bumper crop next year!

Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic — November 15, 2010 at 4:23 pm

Hi Jen, nice seeing you again yesterday. I usually roast my butternut squash with brown sugar too but I can’t believe I never thought of adding butter! I usually omit the salt and pepper because I like it very dessert-like, so I add cinnamon too 🙂

Paula — November 15, 2010 at 5:41 pm

what a great blog!
    here is so many inspirations,

have a nice time,

Megan — November 16, 2010 at 12:49 am

I love butternut squash too. It’s definitely delicious with just a bit of brown sugar. Sometimes I go a bit overboard and roast it with a whole lot of butter, brown, sugar, and maple syrup.

theblogisthenewblack — November 16, 2010 at 2:46 am

This looks amazing! I love bn squash. I just made a fantastic soup, and now I want to carmelize it!

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — November 19, 2010 at 5:29 pm

This is such a simple way to cook butternut squash and yet SO delicious! I’m loving your butternut squash blog posts!