My List with One Month to Go

Well it’s one month to my birthday, and I haven’t updated my list in quite a while. I blame it on the Boston weather. March and April are so grey and nasty, it’s hard to be motivated to do anything.

Here’s where I stand. We post-poned our Europe trip due to financial reasons. I’m hoping it’ll happen next year once we get our kitchen renovation paid off.

As for the working out. Well that hasn’t gone so well. I haven’t worked out 3x/week at all, so I won’t him my goal of 6 times…

My D40 manual has been collecting dust. I need to get it back out during this last month… The craft project referred to in #8 is making progress. It’s not complete and I don’t think it will be complete in time. But I will get it done!

I’m glad to say that I’ve gotten my wrist problems figured out. Well somewhat. I went to get an Electromyography (EMG) to check for carpal tunnel. Luckily, I have very healthy nerves and no carpal tunnel. So I will be starting physical therapy for my tendonitis soon.

As far as sending baked goods goes, I completed that one! I sent baked goods to both our moms for Mother’s Day. I really want to keep up the habit of sending baked goods to friends/family.

And then there was the reading… I tried. I really did. I just don’t like to read. Hubby reads all the time. Sometimes he is even reading multiple books at once. But I just don’t like it. I am rereading HP6 in preparation for the movie to come out soon.

I planned a girls night and will do so again. I also have sent 4 birthday cards so far. It turns out most of my family has birthdays in the fall. I have one more I can send at the end of the month to get my 5.

1 Order Denver trip plane tix by 12/31
2 Order Europe trip plane tix – postponed trip
3 Start kitchen remodel
4 Make creme brulee
5 Work out 3x/wk for 6 wks (one / two / three / four / five / six)
6 Eat no french fries for a month (and I LOVE french fries)
7 Read my D40 manual, and start applying what I’m learning from it - started
8 Finish the major craft project I started 2 years ago
9 Go to a dr about my wrist
10 Send baked goods to family/friends (one / two / three)
11 Read 1 book/month (Jan / Feb / Mar / Apr / May / June) – started
12 Learn to ski
13 Plan/Host a girls night (in or out)
13.5 Send at least 5 birthday cards (one / two / three / four / five) – started

5 Responses to “My List with One Month to Go”

Ingrid — May 17, 2009 at 9:37 pm

I love list and the satisfaction I get from drawing a line through an item on it! Sometimes I’ll add an item that I’ve accomplished that was on it just to mark through it! I’m weird like that! :)

Thanks for visiting my blog and the nice comment! You’ve got some great stuff here. I still want to try the chocolate dipped meringues. Oh, and your right the must try list….out of CONTROL! :)
    ~ingrid

Ingrid — May 17, 2009 at 9:39 pm

Oops, I meant lists and added an item that WASN’T on the list! I’m a dork! I need to proof read before I hit publish!
    ~ingrid

Jen — May 17, 2009 at 9:45 pm

I have to admit that I do the same thing about adding things to the list that I’ve already done just so I can then cross it off. Hubby jokes that I should always start my lists with “write this list” just so I can immediately mark something off.

Mermaid Sweets — May 19, 2009 at 10:29 pm

I love your list, I need to read my D40 manual as well.

Michael — June 4, 2009 at 10:26 pm

Jen, you now have less than 2 weeks till your birthday.
    At work yesterday, our VP suggested we need to delegate more, and if we delegate things, the unimportant things will fall off the table.
    Trying to help. Delegate your reading to Lnz. She loves to read and gets bored when she reads a book for the 3rd or 4th time. Give her a book to read for you and then have her explain the book…you would accomplish multiple things at once, keep Lnz from getting bored, spend quality time listening to her, and accomplish something on your list by delegating.

good luck,