Spinach Pasta with chicken sausage, mushrooms, goat cheese and tomato

This is one of those meals that came together while wondering the aisles at the grocery store. The fresh spinach fettuccine caught my eye and I just went from there. It’s nothing fancy, but boy is it tasty.

Spinach Pasta with chicken sausage, mushrooms, goat cheese and tomato – by ME!1 pkg fresh spinach fettuccine
1 pkg mild chicken sausage
1 pkg presliced baby bellas
olive oil
goat cheese
cherry tomatoes

Remove chicken sausage from casing and brown meat in a skillet. Set aside on a plate with paper towels to soak up any grease.

Saute the mushrooms in the same skillet. Add a small amount of olive oil to the pan if needed.

At the same time, cooked the noodles according the the package instructions.

Toss noodles, chicken and mushrooms together in a bowl. Served with goat cheese and chopped tomatoes.

11 Responses to “Lime Cilantro Sweet Potatoes with Black Beans”

Lauren — November 5, 2010 at 11:54 am

This dish sounds great! I love sweet potatoes and black beans together, and the cilantro and lime sound like the perfect flavor additions.

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — November 5, 2010 at 2:08 pm

My fiance isn’t the biggest fan of beans so I try to “sneak” them into dishes and this looks a great recipe to try out!

Eliana — November 5, 2010 at 6:16 pm

I absolutely adore sweet potatoes but wud have never thought of flavoring them with cilantro and lime. This sounds like it would turn out super delicious.

Kerstin — November 6, 2010 at 5:42 pm

We always have black beans in the house too and they are just perfect with sweet potatoes too – yum!

becksterslaboratory — November 7, 2010 at 12:37 am

Oh dear, I never thought of pairing these 4 fave flavors together. Amazing : )

Nutmeg Nanny — November 7, 2010 at 6:01 pm

Yum! I love black beans and I also love that they are super good for you. I think this would be an awesome quick weeknight dinner!

tobias cooks! — November 8, 2010 at 5:48 pm

perfect combo of tastes. I would love to try this one.

Boston Food Diary — November 9, 2010 at 2:35 pm

Mmmm what a refreshing twist on sweet potatoes! These sound hearty and delicious!

Carrie — November 11, 2010 at 7:01 pm

What a great recipe and beautiful photo. Black beans and sweet potatoes (and cilantro, for that matter!) are a couple of my favorite foods, so I know that I’d love this!

lacasitainspirada — November 14, 2010 at 6:20 pm

Yum! I love black beans in salads. This sounds great!
    And great pictures, too!

robinakagoatmom — February 28, 2015 at 7:18 pm

Made a half recipe and loved it hot or cold! Took to a work pot luck and a hit with everyone. Thanks for another great recipe.