Spinach Pasta with chicken sausage, mushrooms, goat cheese and tomato

This is one of those meals that came together while wondering the aisles at the grocery store. The fresh spinach fettuccine caught my eye and I just went from there. It’s nothing fancy, but boy is it tasty.

Spinach Pasta with chicken sausage, mushrooms, goat cheese and tomato – by ME!1 pkg fresh spinach fettuccine
1 pkg mild chicken sausage
1 pkg presliced baby bellas
olive oil
goat cheese
cherry tomatoes

Remove chicken sausage from casing and brown meat in a skillet. Set aside on a plate with paper towels to soak up any grease.

Saute the mushrooms in the same skillet. Add a small amount of olive oil to the pan if needed.

At the same time, cooked the noodles according the the package instructions.

Toss noodles, chicken and mushrooms together in a bowl. Served with goat cheese and chopped tomatoes.

14 Responses to “Oven Roasted Chickpeas”

Funandfearlessinbeantown — February 1, 2011 at 5:16 pm

I was also totally inspired by the same blog post and made them with a spicy kick! These are totally addictive!

Kathy Day — February 1, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Noms! I love to roast chickpeas with Asparagus in the spring. It’s one of my favorite quick meals, but I still havent cooked them crispy for snacking yet…. You are now person number 5 (or more I lost count) to post these so I think they are in odred very soon!

Cathy — February 1, 2011 at 5:26 pm

looks good! I saw a recipe from the whole living magazine last week that I was going to try too.

Pyjammy Pam — February 1, 2011 at 6:38 pm

Okay, that is seriously spooky. I was *just* about to go look for a recipe for these (I bought a can of chickpeas a few weeks ago to make some) and up popped your blog in my google reader. Woo!

Janelovrut — February 2, 2011 at 12:50 am

Mmm, so glad everyone is loving these. And now I know what to make for my friend’s superbowl party! Thanks for the reminder!

Sarah C — February 2, 2011 at 12:52 am

I love that you use canned chickpeas for this! When I saw the title I thought “mmm, tasty, but you probably have to do dried chickpeas and blah blah blah”. But you don’t! And it’s a perfect quick use for the extra cans I have in the pantry so that I don’t have to keep making hummus. 🙂

I’ve already put some of your Super Bowl recipes on my menu for Sunday, including the mini ham & cheese sandwiches. We live in Pittsburgh and are huge Steelers fans, so we’re REALLY EXCITED!!!

Jen @ BeantownBaker.com — February 2, 2011 at 2:41 am

Hope your Superbowl menu turns out great. Although I have to admit, I’ll be rooting against your team!

Shannon — February 2, 2011 at 5:21 am

love the smoked paprika 🙂

Jessica — February 2, 2011 at 5:46 am

I have yet to try these and really just need to jump in and do it! Thanks for the reminder 😉

Katie — February 2, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Have been meaning to make these! So yummy to snack on and crazy good for you. Need to make these soon..

Neev — February 4, 2011 at 1:17 am

Great snack. What if I am dried chickpeas not canned. Does it need to be soaked overnight?
    Neev

Lisa @Karma Per Diem — February 4, 2011 at 1:29 am

How interesting! I love chickpeas and am going to make these this weekend! Thanks!

Jen @ BeantownBaker.com — February 4, 2011 at 2:05 am

Neev – I’m really not sure how to do this with dried chickpeas. I’ve only used canned. I would assume you would want to soak them overnight first.

Pyjammy Pam — March 30, 2011 at 11:26 am