Spicey Orange Shrimp

I made this spicey shrimp for Hubby’s birthday dinner as a first course. We both really enjoyed it. It has a nice level of kick followed by the sweetness of the orange. We’ll definitely be making this again. I think I got too impatient with the sauce because it didn’t thicken. But it was still really good. This would also be great served over pasta like shrimp scampi.

Spicey Orange Shrimp – from thePioneerWoman.com
2 dozen 26-30 per pound deveined shrimp
3/4 cup orange juice
2-4 cloves garlic
3 Tbsp salted butter
1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning

Peel and dry shrimp. Set aside on a paper towel.

Thinly slice garlic cloves (I minced using my garlic press). Add garlic and other spices to the OJ.

In a large skillet over high heat, melt 2 Tbsp butter. Add shrimp and cook 30-60 seconds before beginning to flip. Cook for another 30-60 seconds. Remove shrimp from pan. Leave heat on high.

Once butter and drippings have begun to smoke slightly, add the OJ mixture to the pan and stir. Add the last Tbsp of butter. After a few minutes, the sauce will be thicker.

Return shrimp to pan and toss to coat

9 Responses to “Tomatoes stuffed with Salmon Dill Dip (Barefoot Bloggers)”

webbie — July 24, 2008 at 5:14 pm

Welcome to the BBs. I did cucumber towers with mine the first time I made this, then stuffed cherry tomatoes and new potatoes for a work event today.

Your pics are great. Wish I’d thought of the salt.:-)

Sophie — July 24, 2008 at 6:08 pm

Hi Jen,

I just discovered your blog :). I’m Sophie from Flour Arrangements. In just about a week I’ll be moving to Boston (actually Cambridge) from Austin, and I’m hoping to start a cooking group when I get there. I actually TRY to cook dairy free too (although sometimes I need a little dairy in there, ya know?); so it’d be cool to have a fellow ‘somewhat non-dairy’ foodie in the group! Drop me a comment on my blog, or even an email, if you’re interested. It’s nice meeting you!

Oh, and feel free to tell any of your friends about it :).

Sophie
    Flour Arrangements

Ivy — July 24, 2008 at 7:07 pm

Wow, these look really good and refreshing! NIICE!

Joelen — July 24, 2008 at 7:18 pm

Your idea of stuffing them into tomatoes is great! And great tip on using salt!

Esi — July 24, 2008 at 9:19 pm

I love how you presented the dip. Nice work!

Inna's Culinary Inventions — July 25, 2008 at 2:52 am

What a wonderful idea to stuff tomatoes! These look great!

giz — July 25, 2008 at 8:19 pm

These would be fun to make. I’ll bet the hardest part was scooping out the tomatoes. They make for a delicious and colourful appetizer.

Megan — July 28, 2008 at 3:31 pm

excellent use of a dip! Love the salt idea.

Janna — July 31, 2008 at 5:10 pm

THIS LOOKS MARVELOUS! I need to start back again with BB now that we are settled in the new digs.