Spicey Orange Shrimp

I made this spicey shrimp for Hubby’s birthday dinner as a first course. We both really enjoyed it. It has a nice level of kick followed by the sweetness of the orange. We’ll definitely be making this again. I think I got too impatient with the sauce because it didn’t thicken. But it was still really good. This would also be great served over pasta like shrimp scampi.

Spicey Orange Shrimp – from thePioneerWoman.com
2 dozen 26-30 per pound deveined shrimp
3/4 cup orange juice
2-4 cloves garlic
3 Tbsp salted butter
1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning

Peel and dry shrimp. Set aside on a paper towel.

Thinly slice garlic cloves (I minced using my garlic press). Add garlic and other spices to the OJ.

In a large skillet over high heat, melt 2 Tbsp butter. Add shrimp and cook 30-60 seconds before beginning to flip. Cook for another 30-60 seconds. Remove shrimp from pan. Leave heat on high.

Once butter and drippings have begun to smoke slightly, add the OJ mixture to the pan and stir. Add the last Tbsp of butter. After a few minutes, the sauce will be thicker.

Return shrimp to pan and toss to coat

7 Responses to “Chicken Parmesan Burgers”

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy — August 17, 2010 at 11:58 am

This sounds awesome! The pictures are wonderful as well. I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get good burger pictures. I love the pizza sauce on this! Thanks!

We Are Not Martha — August 17, 2010 at 12:10 pm

Yum! I love chicken parmesan and I love burgers, so why not, right? They look delicious!

Sues

Melissa — August 17, 2010 at 2:44 pm

I love how there are so many variations of burgers! Yours sound delcious!

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — August 17, 2010 at 4:28 pm

I love chicken parmesan so this sound so great to me! Like you, I love living in the city but wish I could grill during the summer!

ellysaysopa.com — August 19, 2010 at 1:37 am

So glad you liked them! Love the caramelized onions on top. I just had a burger with bbq caramelized onions this week. 🙂

an adventure in wool — September 30, 2010 at 11:44 pm

i love this idea! was writing my grocery list and realized there is no parmesan in the recipe?

Jen — October 11, 2010 at 12:41 am

That’s a good point, there isn’t actually Parmesan in it… You could use parm instead of provolone cheese.