Goat Cheese and Sundried Tomato Appetizers

Our monthly cooking club met to honor the Oscars. We decided that everyone should bring an “Award winning” recipe. I happen to enjoy watching the competitive cooking/baking shows on TV and immediately thought of the Pillsbury BakeOff. I went to the website to find a recipe. I decided on this appetizer because I love goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes. This recipe won the BakeOff appetizers division in 2004 and is delicious. Everyone really enjoyed it.

I did use the new Pillsbury Recipe Creations instead of biscuits. I also didn’t read the directions properly and used a regular sized muffin pan instead of a mini muffin pan. So I just doubled the amount of filling it calls for.

Goat Cheese and Sundried Tomato Appetizers – from Pillsbury
1 (12-oz.) can Pillsbury® Golden Layers® Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits – I used the new Crescent recipe creations
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 oz. (1/2 cup) crumbled goat cheese
1/4 cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
1 teaspoon dried onion flakes – I used onion powder
1 teaspoon dried pesto seasoning – I used fresh parsley
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese

Heat oven to 375°F. Separate dough into 10 biscuits (I cut the dough into 12 pieces); separate each evenly into 2 layers, making 20 dough rounds. Press each in ungreased miniature muffin cup.

In small bowl, mix mayonnaise, goat cheese, tomatoes, onion flakes and pesto seasoning. Spoon about 1 1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise mixture into each dough-lined cup. Sprinkle each with Parmesan cheese.

Bake at 375°F. for 10 to 16 minutes or until golden brown (Mine baked for exactly 10 minutes). Remove from muffin cups. Cool 5 minutes before serving.

I’m entering this in Joelen’s Tasty Tools event for April. She’s featuring muffin pans this month!

9 Responses to “Roasted Asparagus”

Cara — May 27, 2010 at 12:21 am

some of our faves are asparagus and brussels sprouts too 🙂

Jennifer Chung — May 27, 2010 at 2:22 am

This is the only way we eat our asparagus as well. Do people still boil asparagus? Seriously, it’s kind of a waste that way…
    Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best to share. 🙂

yumventures — May 27, 2010 at 3:35 am

One of my all time faves. Roasted anything, actually, but asparagus gets so crispy and flavorful!

Feast from Famine — May 27, 2010 at 3:41 am

We love to grill asparagus that has been rubbed with olive oil and sea salt–so good! 🙂

Sezasaurus — May 27, 2010 at 4:33 am

Hi there, I’ve been reading your blog for so long now and just wanted to say thanks for all your wonderful recipes. I’ve used so many that have been awesome and really tasty thank you so much! Keep up the good work!

Sezasaurus — May 27, 2010 at 4:35 am

p.s asparagus season is one of the highlights of our year to hehe. So many fantastic things you can do with it! Have you tried roasting it in orange juice and silvered almonds? Devine.

Jen — May 27, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Sezasaurus – Orange and almond does sound tasty! Thanks for the idea.

Elina — May 28, 2010 at 2:26 pm

I can’t remember if I’ve ever had roasted asparagus – roasted broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts definitely but roasted asparagus could be a new one. Sounds awesome! 🙂

Sarah — June 5, 2010 at 1:57 am

We made this last night with grilled pork chops and homemade mac and cheese. I tossed in the olive oil, garlic salt, and pepper and then probably ate 1/4 of them cold while I was waiting for the oven to heat up. Hubby and I each took a serving for our plates after they cooked and then stood in the kitchen eating the rest off the baking sheet before we had dinner! So good and so easy for our favorite veggie!