Cinnamon Biscuits

These cinnamon biscuits come from my good friend Steph. She sent us this Valentine’s Day package that included the dry ingredients for cinnamon biscuits…

… and an awesome camera strap cover. She’s so crafty. Definitely check out her blog.

I kept trying to find an excuse to make the cinnamon biscuits and then we had a snow day. It was a perfect opportunity to try these out. We gobbled these right up. I used some cream cheese frosting I had leftover from the Red Velvet cupcakes to drizzle over them while they were still warm. I will definitely be making these again. And again. And again.

Cinnamon Biscuits – from Steph

Icing:
1/8 cup butter
1/2 package of cream cheese at room temperature
1/2 lb. confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven at 425.

Mix together all the biscuits ingredients except the shortening and milk. Cut the shortening into the mix till it looks like bread crumbs.

Stir the milk into the mix and then roll the dough out onto a floured surface. Spread butter across dough and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Cut into 2″ strips.

Stack the strips one on top of another. (The smaller edge pieces may make up one layer to even out the thickness at the ends.) Cut into six even stacks.

Stuff stacks into greased cup cake pan and bake for 11-14 minutes. While biscuits are baking, mix together all the icing ingredients with a hand mixer. Remove biscuits from pan and let cool.

Icing the tops and enjoy!

13 Responses to “Pumpkin Cranberry Pecan Upside Down Cake”

Sarah — November 24, 2010 at 4:58 pm

This is the perfect recipe for all of the leftover ingredients I have! Hubby made me buy a 3-pound bag of cranberries because he loves them, but you only use 12 ounces for cranberry sauce so I’ve got about 2 pounds of cranberries left to use, plus lots of pumpkins and pecans. This is definitely being made this weekend!

Megan — November 24, 2010 at 5:18 pm

Oh man. That does sound good. And I know it must be if you’re repeating it because I am the same way. I’m going to make a cranberry maple pecan cake on Friday… but this is really tempting too.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Stephanie — November 24, 2010 at 5:55 pm

Oh, man! If I only had more time for Thanksgiving dessert table – this is certainly one I would try.

We Are Not Martha — November 24, 2010 at 5:58 pm

Oooh this cake looks so ooey gooey and delicious! I wish there weren’t already so many desserts coming to my Thanksgiving table because I’d totally make this!

Sues

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — November 24, 2010 at 6:02 pm

This looks super delicious and your photos look great too! Happy Thanksgiving to you and hubby!

Shannon — November 25, 2010 at 3:48 pm

ooooh, my, i must try this 🙂 happy thanksgiving!!

Nutmeg Nanny — November 28, 2010 at 10:14 pm

What a fabulous recipe! All the flavors sound delicious to me.

Shandra — November 29, 2010 at 4:45 am

This looks amazing! It looks so moisty yum, I should try to make this sometime, Love your blog! this is my first comment for you so I thought I’d show some appreciation for your blog, because I’ve been drooling over all your recipes for a while
    Shandra-http://shandrita.tumblr.com/

"pup" — November 29, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Your photos are beautiful! The pictures I took of the actual cake didn’t look to appealing, the photos I took of the bite sized cake bites looked pretty though lol
    Good job!!

freefoodboston — December 1, 2010 at 3:21 pm

What a great recipe! You totally had me at caramel/pecan/cranberry topping.

Sophie — January 1, 2011 at 3:14 am

Just finally made this cake and it is astoundingly good! Truly the best dessert I’ve had in…oh, a very long time. Thank you for your post!

Nancy Blume-Watson — November 30, 2013 at 1:57 pm

I tried to be good, I really did! This cake was so delicious, I not only had seconds, I had a piece for breakfast the next day and for a snack later that day. This one goes on my Christmas menu!

• beantownbaker — December 1st, 2013 @ 6:52 pm

I doubled the recipe this time and you’ll remember the middle didn’t quite bake through. It also spilled over a bit, so next time, I’ll put a pan under the cake in the oven.