Raspberry Meringue Cookies

Hubby absolutely loved the Peppermint Chocolate Meringue cookies I made for my 12 Days of Cookies in December. We were talking about what other flavors of meringues I could make. He suggested raspberry dipped in chocolate. We both agreed that I had to make these that night. I searched the internet and came upon this recipe on Cooks.com. I decided to omit the chocolate chips and instead dip the meringues in chocolate after baking them.

Raspberry Meringue cookies – make 9 dozen3 egg whites
1/8 tsp. salt
3 1/2 tbsp. raspberry Jello (1 3 oz pkg)
3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. vinegar
1 c. miniature chocolate chips – I omitted
Dark chocolate + vegetable oil for dipping
Beat egg whites and salt until foamy.

Add Jello and sugar gradually; beat until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved.

Mix in vinegar; fold in chocolate chips.

Drop from teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheets covered with brown paper bag (I piped these into kisses onto my Silpat). Bake at 250 degrees for 25 minutes.

Turn off oven; leave cookies in oven 20 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes and remove.

11 Responses to “White Chocolate Cranberry Mousse”

theblogisthenewblack — October 27, 2010 at 11:44 am

Love any type of mousse- esp if it’s pink!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy — October 27, 2010 at 12:25 pm

Love the pink! So cute and it looks and sounds delicous! Thanks!

Boston Food Diary — October 27, 2010 at 2:10 pm

This looks so wonderful! I never would have thought of cranberries and white chocolate together- you are so right-what a great option for Thanksgiving!

Cupcake Activist — October 27, 2010 at 3:47 pm

Great idea! I am always in charge of dessert for Thanksgiving and this would be perfect to add to the line-up.

Megan — October 27, 2010 at 5:17 pm

I know you said lighter dessert idea, but I’m picturing a cranberry mousse tart with dark chocolate drizzled on top!

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — October 27, 2010 at 8:31 pm

This looks delicious! Also, can I ask…what kind of backdrop do you shoot your photos on? It is so clean and really highlights the food at hand!

Jen — October 27, 2010 at 8:42 pm

Rachel – For the majority of my photographs, I use 12″x12″ scrapbooking pages. I have a bg folder with all my pages in them. I have been using a lot of solid colors recently. I have to admit I love how the blue background really makes the pink mousse pop in these pics!

The Small Boston Kitchen — October 27, 2010 at 9:40 pm

Lovin’ the cranberryness here!

Nutmeg Nanny — October 28, 2010 at 3:17 am

Love the pinkness and love the recipe!

oneordinaryday — October 31, 2010 at 11:51 am

This sounds delicious, and I love how that beautiful pink color just pops. Definitely going on my menu!!

Eliana — November 1, 2010 at 3:45 pm

This mousse looks divine! I could not be trusted around it.