Raspberry Meringue Cookies

Hubby absolutely loved the Peppermint Chocolate Meringue cookies I made for my 12 Days of Cookies in December. We were talking about what other flavors of meringues I could make. He suggested raspberry dipped in chocolate. We both agreed that I had to make these that night. I searched the internet and came upon this recipe on Cooks.com. I decided to omit the chocolate chips and instead dip the meringues in chocolate after baking them.

Raspberry Meringue cookies – make 9 dozen3 egg whites
1/8 tsp. salt
3 1/2 tbsp. raspberry Jello (1 3 oz pkg)
3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. vinegar
1 c. miniature chocolate chips – I omitted
Dark chocolate + vegetable oil for dipping
Beat egg whites and salt until foamy.

Add Jello and sugar gradually; beat until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved.

Mix in vinegar; fold in chocolate chips.

Drop from teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheets covered with brown paper bag (I piped these into kisses onto my Silpat). Bake at 250 degrees for 25 minutes.

Turn off oven; leave cookies in oven 20 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes and remove.

7 Responses to “New York Style Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce”

Jigginjessica — May 11, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Besides the top being a little brown it looks like a perfect cheesecake! I absolutely must try this recipe. Thanks for sharing

The Small Boston Kitchen — May 12, 2011 at 2:50 am

Amber — March 18, 2013 at 3:02 pm

Can I use dried blue berries for the sauce.

• beantownbaker — March 25th, 2013 @ 1:42 pm

I haven’t tried this sauce with dried berries. I am not sure it would work very well without the addition of some liquid. Maybe some fruit juice?

Carol Schu — June 5, 2013 at 7:56 pm

Just made this cheesecake for dinner guests. It was a big hit. I didn’t have any trouble with burning but the top came out spotted with brown instead of the lovely smooth top. No matter, I covered it with blueberry topping and no one cared. Oh, and… It didn’t crack but I left it in the oven until it was completely cooled. Thanks!!

• beantownbaker — June 10th, 2013 @ 12:30 pm

Glad it was a success for you! And yay for no cracking 🙂

marie williams — January 19, 2017 at 12:49 pm

Blueberry sauce…
    I looked at least 20 recipes and this was the best for simplicity of ingredients.

It didn’t require vanilla, or zest of lemon (which would require a grater$$)

And best of all it did not require a ton of sugar. I am not much of a cook however your easy to understand directions. And it was great.