Raspberry Meringue Cookies

Hubby absolutely loved the Peppermint Chocolate Meringue cookies I made for my 12 Days of Cookies in December. We were talking about what other flavors of meringues I could make. He suggested raspberry dipped in chocolate. We both agreed that I had to make these that night. I searched the internet and came upon this recipe on Cooks.com. I decided to omit the chocolate chips and instead dip the meringues in chocolate after baking them.

Raspberry Meringue cookies – make 9 dozen3 egg whites
1/8 tsp. salt
3 1/2 tbsp. raspberry Jello (1 3 oz pkg)
3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. vinegar
1 c. miniature chocolate chips – I omitted
Dark chocolate + vegetable oil for dipping
Beat egg whites and salt until foamy.

Add Jello and sugar gradually; beat until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved.

Mix in vinegar; fold in chocolate chips.

Drop from teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheets covered with brown paper bag (I piped these into kisses onto my Silpat). Bake at 250 degrees for 25 minutes.

Turn off oven; leave cookies in oven 20 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes and remove.

8 Responses to “Stuffed Strawberries”

Joelen — July 31, 2008 at 3:12 pm

These are such an elegant treat especially for guests. I like using a cream cheese filling for them!

Jen — July 31, 2008 at 5:39 pm

Yep, that’s how I’ve always seen it, with cream cheese filling. It’s definitely a great way to use up leftover frosting though. I’m sure any cream-cheese based frosting would be delicious.

Gail — August 1, 2008 at 3:44 am

I love the idea of an inside-out chocolate covered strawberry! I will definitely be trying this!

oneordinaryday — March 21, 2009 at 10:49 pm

So pretty. I wonder if nutella would work too.
    Michelle

Chic Cookies — March 22, 2009 at 2:13 am

These are so great! I love the idea (and the party theme is inspired). I posted a link for my edible crafts column to your blog at ediblecrafts.craftgossip.com. Hope to bring you a few more clicks! Thanks for sharing, Meaghan

Oakley Rhodes — March 22, 2009 at 3:33 am

Love it! I’m impressed by those that can keep “leftover” frosting around the kitchen – it’s usually eaten up by my housemates before any can be put away.

lindsey — June 29, 2009 at 11:35 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

lindsey — June 29, 2009 at 11:37 pm

hey jen,
    i’m thinking of making these for dad’s fourth of july party, along with the strawberry and blueberry cupcakes and of course the layered cookie cake we made last year. i’ll let you know what everyone thinks of them!
    -lindsey