Raspberry Meringue Cookies

Hubby absolutely loved the Peppermint Chocolate Meringue cookies I made for my 12 Days of Cookies in December. We were talking about what other flavors of meringues I could make. He suggested raspberry dipped in chocolate. We both agreed that I had to make these that night. I searched the internet and came upon this recipe on Cooks.com. I decided to omit the chocolate chips and instead dip the meringues in chocolate after baking them.

Raspberry Meringue cookies – make 9 dozen3 egg whites
1/8 tsp. salt
3 1/2 tbsp. raspberry Jello (1 3 oz pkg)
3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. vinegar
1 c. miniature chocolate chips – I omitted
Dark chocolate + vegetable oil for dipping
Beat egg whites and salt until foamy.

Add Jello and sugar gradually; beat until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved.

Mix in vinegar; fold in chocolate chips.

Drop from teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheets covered with brown paper bag (I piped these into kisses onto my Silpat). Bake at 250 degrees for 25 minutes.

Turn off oven; leave cookies in oven 20 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes and remove.

9 Responses to “Marshmallow Fondant Pirate Party Cupcakes”

laurasrecipecollection — October 22, 2009 at 1:13 pm

Your costumes are so cute!
    I love the fondant too. I’m going to be trying fondant for the first time next weekend. You make it look so simple!

Xiaolu — October 22, 2009 at 2:47 pm

I MUST try this! I’ve been avoiding fondant cause of all the terrible things I’ve heard about the taste. Problem solved – thanks! You guys are so creative with the costumes too.

oneordinaryday — October 22, 2009 at 5:08 pm

That is so awesome. An annual pirate party? Sounds like a blast. I love your shirts too. If my kids weren’t already set on their Halloween costumes, I’d suggest being a treasure map instead. That is so creative!!!

oneordinaryday — October 22, 2009 at 5:09 pm

Oops – forgot to mention the cupcakes. : )
    Very cool. I’ve never made fondant because I’m afraid it tastes bad. Is it good?

Jen — October 22, 2009 at 6:31 pm

It is good! It tastes like marshmallow but sweeter.

nutmegnanny — October 23, 2009 at 3:11 am

Delicious! If that was your first time making fondant I would give yourself a big pat on the back:) It looks awesome! I need some mad cupcake skills like yours!

thereddeer — October 24, 2009 at 12:55 am

After my current box of fondant has run out I am so making some marshmallow fondant – and now that I know you can use the KitchenAid even better!

Carrie — October 25, 2009 at 6:23 pm

Wow, you did an amazing job! Thank you for the fondant tutorial, I’ve never made fondant before… you make it look so easy!

stephchows — October 26, 2009 at 2:54 pm

just went to a party on saturday. if you show up without a costume the rest of the guests get to pick a costume out of the box of last years costumes for you to wear heeh