Happy Inauguration Day!

Click here to make your own Obama icon picture.

No matter what your political views, you have to admit that today is a historic day in America. I made some festive cupcakes to celebrate the day. No new recipes here. I followed the yellow cake and chocolate frosting recipes that I used when I sent cupcakes to some friends and family members last year.

I also made these festive funfetti by adding a tablespoon each of red and blue sprinkles to the batter before baking them.

10 Responses to “S’mores Cookie Bars”

Heather — December 2, 2009 at 3:16 pm

Yum! They look really good. But I do not like marshmallow fluff. To me, it doesn’t even really taste like marshmallow, and has a weird chemical taste. Nast.

Have you ever tried these ones? REAL marshmallows! 🙂 Maybe there is a way to combine your recipe (the cookie part) with this?

laurasrecipecollection.com — December 2, 2009 at 6:40 pm

Wow, those look awesome!

Cupcake Activist — December 2, 2009 at 8:33 pm

I love s’mores!

Ingrid — December 3, 2009 at 4:16 am

I’ve made these several times and I’d have to say they’re my favorite “s’mores” dessert!
    ~ingrid

Jelli Bean — December 3, 2009 at 3:50 pm

You’ve got me wanting to pop a couple grahams, chocolate, and marshmallows into my toaster over for a quick fix. These look really good. I don’t think marshmallow fluff exists here in Central America, but these bars look sensational.

stephchows — December 3, 2009 at 4:41 pm

oh yum! count me in for this one for sure!! I could go for a nice campfire too right about now 🙂

nutmegnanny — December 3, 2009 at 8:43 pm

Oh my goodness! These look awesome….yum!

Dorothy — December 3, 2009 at 9:05 pm

Those look great! Would you believe I never had “true” s’mores (with toasted marshmallows) until this year?!?!

I named you for the “Kreativ Blogger” award! Love your blog, though I’m more of a lurker than a commenter 🙂 Here’s the link if you want to grab the badge for your page:

Amanda — June 9, 2010 at 1:21 pm

wow! im loving everything here. 🙂 –Cafe Guru

Kris — June 12, 2010 at 2:06 am

I just made these and they are awesome!!! thanks so much!!!!