12 Days of Cookies – Peppermint Sandies

For my second cookie, I decided to try a new recipe. Hubby isn’t a huge fan of peppermint, but I enjoy it during the holidays. Last year, I made some peppermint truffles and cupcakes that were very good. I choose these Peppermint Sandies because they looked so cute and easy to make. I took them to work and of course they disappeared in no time. I wasn’t a huge fan of the texture. Mine may have been a bit undercooked? I took them out after 13 minutes right when the bottoms were starting to brown. Also, the recipe said that it makes 4 dozen, I only got 28 cookies. I used my usual cookie scoop but maybe mine were bigger than what they were supposed to be.

Hubby served as a guest photographer for these cookies as well. He did all the setup including choosing a background and staging the shot. Nice work again Hubby!

Peppermint Sandies – from Better Homes and Gardens – makes 2-4 dozen
1 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup finely crushed striped round peppermint candies
1 tablespoon water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whipping cream
6 ounces white baking chocolate
Crushed striped round peppermint candies

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add powdered sugar and the 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies. Beat until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally. Beat in water, vanilla, and peppermint extract until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour.

Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake about 15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.

Meanwhile, for glaze: In a medium saucepan, bring whipping cream just to simmering. Remove from heat. Add white chocolate; let stand for 3 minutes. Stir until smooth. Let stand for 45 to 60 minutes or until glaze starts to thicken.

Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the glaze over each cooled cookie. Sprinkle with additional crushed peppermint candies. Let stand until glaze is set. Makes about 48 cookies.

My 12 Days of Cookies:Day 1: Lumberjacks

I’m submitting this to Food Bloggas Eat Christmas Cookies blogging event. Check this link to participate in the event. Or check here to see the roundup (gets updated as entries come in).

11 Responses to “Cinnamon Roll Bundt”

Nutmeg Nanny — November 16, 2013 at 2:37 pm

I love bundt cakes, I love cinnamon rolls! Thank you for combining them for me 😉 looks wonderful!

Connie — November 18, 2013 at 11:12 am

I love Mary’s “I Love Big Bundts” feature on Food Librarian! Your Cinnamon Roll Bundt looks delicious, and quite possibly a great addition to an holiday table as it is different and unexpected.

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) — November 18, 2013 at 11:22 am

Thanks so much for sharing and trying my recipe!!

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 5:50 pm

Thanks for posting it in the first place!

sara — November 18, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Yummy! This looks so delicious!!

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 5:50 pm

It really is delicious!

food librarian — December 1, 2013 at 2:47 am

Jen, I can’t wait to try this!!!! It looks fantastic. And I need to work with you and this $5 pig out – or I need to bring this to my work. 🙂 Thanks for baking along with me…your blog is always such an inspiration to me! – mary the food librarian

• beantownbaker — December 1st, 2013 @ 6:55 pm

The $5 pig out is awesome. Thanks for doing I Like Big Bundts again this year!

Sarah C — December 12, 2013 at 11:38 pm

I just made this cake as a breakfast contribution to a holiday food fest at work. It was a HUGE hit! People were actually waiting for me to arrive in the morning before they’d even tasted it, just because they saw it on the sign-up list. Then once people started eating it, they were actually emailing and IM’ing to rave about how amazing it was. My co-workers have now added it to the list of things they regularly ask me to make. 🙂

• beantownbaker — December 17th, 2013 @ 10:55 am

That’s awesome to hear! Glad the recipe was such a big hit for you.

Homepage Optimierung 6020 — December 22, 2013 at 10:59 pm

Yes! Finally someone writes about Edellaubbäume.