12 Days of Cookies – Fudge

I know that fudge isn’t a cookie, but, it is a holiday treat, so I’m counting it towards my 12 Days of Cookies (plus I’m starting to panic about getting 12 cookies made by the end of the year).

I’ve never made fudge before and let me tell you, this was literally the easiest recipe ever. A well trained monkey could make this stuff. Heck, even a barely trained monkey could make this. I used the defrost setting on my microwave because I always do when melting chocolate in it. I also stirred it after each minute. I read the reviews on Allrecipes and decided to use some milk and some semi-sweet chips. Use the best chocolate you can find for this. I used Ghirardelli chips. The flavor turned out very good. Hubby doesn’t like nuts in his fudge, so I opted for just plain chocolate fudge.

Fudge – from Allrecipes.com – makes about 36 pieces
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips – I used 2 cups milk chocolate and 1 cup semisweet
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup butter
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional) – I omitted

Place chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter or margarine in large microwaveable bowl. Zap in microwave on medium until chips are melted, about 3-5 minute, stirring once or twice during cooking. Stir in nuts, if desired.

Pour into well-greased 8×8-inch glass baking dish. Refrigerate until set.

My 12 Days of Cookies:
Day 1: Lumberjacks
Day 2: Peppermint Sandies
Day 3: The great Sugar Cookie Debate

10 Responses to “S’mores Cookie Bars”

Heather — December 2, 2009 at 3:16 pm

Yum! They look really good. But I do not like marshmallow fluff. To me, it doesn’t even really taste like marshmallow, and has a weird chemical taste. Nast.

Have you ever tried these ones? REAL marshmallows! 🙂 Maybe there is a way to combine your recipe (the cookie part) with this?

laurasrecipecollection.com — December 2, 2009 at 6:40 pm

Wow, those look awesome!

Cupcake Activist — December 2, 2009 at 8:33 pm

I love s’mores!

Ingrid — December 3, 2009 at 4:16 am

I’ve made these several times and I’d have to say they’re my favorite “s’mores” dessert!
    ~ingrid

Jelli Bean — December 3, 2009 at 3:50 pm

You’ve got me wanting to pop a couple grahams, chocolate, and marshmallows into my toaster over for a quick fix. These look really good. I don’t think marshmallow fluff exists here in Central America, but these bars look sensational.

stephchows — December 3, 2009 at 4:41 pm

oh yum! count me in for this one for sure!! I could go for a nice campfire too right about now 🙂

nutmegnanny — December 3, 2009 at 8:43 pm

Oh my goodness! These look awesome….yum!

Dorothy — December 3, 2009 at 9:05 pm

Those look great! Would you believe I never had “true” s’mores (with toasted marshmallows) until this year?!?!

I named you for the “Kreativ Blogger” award! Love your blog, though I’m more of a lurker than a commenter 🙂 Here’s the link if you want to grab the badge for your page:

Amanda — June 9, 2010 at 1:21 pm

wow! im loving everything here. 🙂 –Cafe Guru

Kris — June 12, 2010 at 2:06 am

I just made these and they are awesome!!! thanks so much!!!!