12 Days of Cookie – Cranberry Orange Cookies

This is a new recipe for me this year. But when I saw it in Katie’s blog I knew I wanted to try it. I was intrigued by a cookie that isn’t loaded with sugar or chocolate (not that I don’t LOVE sugar and chocolate!). It’s a nicely refreshing cookie to add to any holiday cookie tray or cookie exchange. The batter comes together easily aside from chopping the cranberries. I definitely recommend using a food processor like Katie did. Ours is packed away, so I had to chop by had. First I chopped the crans in half so they wouldn’t roll away. Then I chopped them smaller from there. Aren’t they just so pretty?

Fresh Cranberry Orange Cookies – from Katie – I got 30 cookies using my cookie scoop
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c. unsalted butter, softened
1/4 c. brown sugar, packed
1 c. granulated sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp grated orange zest
juice of 1/2 orange
1 tsp vanilla
1 c. chopped fresh cranberries

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment.

In medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, and whisk; set aside.

In bowl of stand mixer, combine butter and sugars and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.

Add yolk and beat until fully incorporated.

Add orange juice, then zest and vanilla and beat until fully incorporated.

Turn mixer to low speed, add flour mixture and beat until just incorporated.

Remove bowl from mixer, stir in cranberries, and place 1 Tbsp rounds of dough onto cookie sheets.

Place cookies in the oven and bake, switching baking sheet positions half way through baking time, for 12-14 minutes (they should not brown).

Remove from oven and let cool on pans completely, about 10-15 minutes.

I’m submitting this for Joelen’s Tasty Tools event. The theme this month is Baking Sheets! I’ve been using these a LOT this month with all the cookies I’ve been making! This one is an old one I stole from my mom. It’s my fav and my Silpat fits perfectly. The other two that I have are the Wilton ones with bigger “handles” on the ends. The Silpat doesn’t fit perfectly in it and they’re dark, so sometimes cookies brown more than expected.

My 12 Days of Cookies:Day 1: Lumberjacks
Day 2: Peppermint Sandies
Day 3: The great Sugar Cookie Debate
Day 4: Fudge

12 Responses to “Crockpot Cranberry Pork Roast”

Rachel — November 17, 2009 at 5:21 pm

this sounds really good-will be trying this!

Kerstin — November 17, 2009 at 5:56 pm

This looks so tasty and easy to make! I need to get a crockpot.

Megan — November 17, 2009 at 10:15 pm

I made that recipe last week – and everyone loved it! I only wish I’d gotten pictures…..

oneordinaryday — November 17, 2009 at 10:15 pm

This looks wonderful. Bookmarking right now! Thanks!

Ingrid — November 18, 2009 at 3:26 am

Oh, boy this looks wonderful! I love slow cooker recipes like this. What side did you serve with it? Just veggies?
    ~ingrid

Kat — November 18, 2009 at 12:40 pm

Both your cranberry recipes look great. I am hoping Santa brings me a new crockpot for Christmas as my previous one was nuclear. This recipe looks so easy. I am not a pie fan so am thinking the cranberry apple dessert would be nice for hubby and I for Thanksgiving. Thank you for sharing!

Jen — November 18, 2009 at 12:44 pm

Yep just some steamed veggies.

Kasey — November 23, 2009 at 7:13 pm

I made this over the weekend and it was delicious! Thanks for the posting!

Krystal — November 24, 2010 at 4:50 pm

I finally made this recipe after having it bookmarked forever. Thanks to Kelsey for reminding me about it – it was soooo good and it definitely hit the spot!!! Thanks Jen!

Amanda Pronko — December 22, 2013 at 3:36 pm

I make this every year for Christmas dinner 😀 We always go out for a fancy Christmas Eve dinner, and then we have a huge fancy Christmas Breakfast… by the time Christmas dinner comes around we are wiped out and not really in the mood to cook. This recipe is perfect because I can throw it all in the crock pot on Christmas Eve morning and pop in in the fridge. Then on Christmas day I put it on low and put wild rice in the rice cooker. My family always looks forward to it and we just love how delicious it is. I really wanted to let you know that this has been a tradition for us for about 3-4 years!! Thanks so much and Merry Christmas!!

• beantownbaker — December 26th, 2013 @ 11:06 am

I love hearing stories like this! Family traditions are so heart warming during the holidays 🙂

Liz — January 25, 2014 at 10:31 am

Nice recipe – Thank you. I love slow cooker recipes. Have a Happy Weekend!