Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies

I wanted to make some sort of peanut butter cookies for our beer pong finals. I think the saltiness of the peanut butter goes really well with beer 🙂 The cookies themselves actually have no peanut butter in them, but the filling does so it fits the bill. I made a double batch and got 2.5 dozen cookie sandwiches.

Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies – from Fresh from Cate’s Kitchen
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup quick oats
1 cup light brown sugar
1 stick butter, softened
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla

Whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and oats in a medium bowl.

In a separate bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until fluffy.

Beat in vanilla and egg, then stir in dry ingredients until just combined.

Roll about 2 tsp of dough into a ball, then flatten and press onto a Silpat-lined baking sheet.

Repeat with remaining dough.

Bake at 350 for 8-12 minutes (closer to 8 for softer cookies, closer to 12 for crisper cookies).

Cool on a wire rack.

Filling3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 tbsp half and half – I used goat’s milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Beat all ingredients together in the bowl of an electric mixer until smooth.

When cookies are cool, pipe or spread frosting on one and press another on top to make a sandwich.

Note – My frosting was very thick so I ended up double the amount of liquid by adding more milk. You will have some extra frosting. But it’s amazing so no big deal there.

12 Responses to “S’mores Cupcakes”

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — October 7, 2010 at 1:28 pm

I think we both know that I’m not a baker…yet I still think I need a kitchen torch! Can I help that I’m addicted to kitchen gadgets?

Eliana — October 7, 2010 at 2:12 pm

I love using my kitchen torch. I think I will have whip it out soon to make these beauties. They look super delish.

Courtney — October 7, 2010 at 2:50 pm

These are ADORABLE! I don’t even like S’mores, but I might try these.

Daisy — October 7, 2010 at 3:07 pm

Kinda jealous of your kitchen torch. These smores goodies have me drooling all week!

Jen — October 7, 2010 at 3:15 pm

These look great — love s’mores cupcakes. I love making these because the kitchen torch is fun to play with.

stephchows — October 7, 2010 at 3:49 pm

ok now all I want is smores in every variety possible LOL YUM!!!!!! thanks so much for the vote!

Rachel Cannon Humiston — October 8, 2010 at 3:32 pm

This looks so heavenly! I’ll be dreaming about that frosting tonight…

Jami — October 10, 2010 at 3:20 am

I recently made some s’mores cupcakes using a piece of graham cracker as a crust, but I thought it tasted salty. Of course, I used a mix, which probably did have added salt. I am going to try this method. I’d also love to try the torch! woo hoo!

nutmegnanny — October 12, 2010 at 2:39 am

These look delicious! I have got to try that marshmallow frosting…sounds amazing!

Xiaolu — October 18, 2010 at 12:53 am

I made and blogged about these and they’re so delicious. Thanks for the inspiration. I did increase the amounts of everything but the cake batter since I had so much left over.

breader33 — January 23, 2011 at 9:56 pm

These are just, amazing. i used the Hershey’s ‘special dark’ cocoa powder, and they were to die for. i will definitely be making these again.

The Addicted Baker — March 30, 2011 at 10:29 pm

I just made delicious s’more cupcakes. Check it out: http://theaddictedbaker.blogspot.com/2011/03/smore-cookies.html