Pumpkin Pie Dip

I saw this recipe and knew I had to try it. I absolutely love fall food. All the apples, pumpkin, and cranberries. And, this was an opportunity to use my Little Dipper. I love using it because it’s so cute 🙂 We were having friends over to watch some college football and just hang out. This was a great addition to our menu. I served it with pretzels and ginger snap cookies.

Little Dipper Pumpkin Pie Dip – from A Year of Crockpotting
1 cup canned pumpkin pie mix – I used a can of pumpkin and added some cinnamon and nutmeg
4 oz cream cheese – I used Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese
1/4 cup sour cream – I used Trader Joe’s goat milk yogurt
chopped walnuts, optional

I use my Little Dipper—these measurements are perfect for a little dipper. If you don’t have one, you can put an oven-safe dish inside of your large crockpot.

Add the cream cheese to the Little Dipper. Top with sour cream (yogurt), then pour in the pumpkin pie filling.

Cover and cook for about an hour, then stir well. If the cream cheese isn’t fully melted, cook a bit longer. The Little Dipper doesn’t have temperature settings, you just plug it in. If you are going to use a big crockpot with an oven-safe dish inside, cook on high for about an hour, or 2 on low.

Garnish with chopped walnuts, if desired. I set out some walnuts and planned to serve the dip with them, but ended up forgetting.

9 Responses to “PB&J Omelet”

SimplySweeter — June 18, 2010 at 11:29 am

I’m disgusted…….but intrigued. LOL It sounds like it wouldn’t work…but as a fellow PB&J lover, I’m going to try it pretty soon. I wonder how it would all be with chocolate drizzled on top. Too much?? LOL

Sherry G — June 18, 2010 at 1:26 pm

Ahh I should have checked my Google reader before I had breakfast! I was craving a PB&J sandwich, but only had stale bread..=( I ate it anyway.. but this would have been so much better! I need to try this.

Elina — June 18, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Hmm, I’m not sure about this one… 😉

Amanda — June 18, 2010 at 3:31 pm

not gunna lie…thought this was weird but i’m sorta tempted to try it! num nummm, i’m obsessed with pb…so how could it be bad?

hannah! — June 18, 2010 at 3:55 pm

i love pb & j…but im not sure if i’d love it that much on eggs…..

sorry!

Nikki57 — June 18, 2010 at 7:36 pm

When I saw this in my google reader I was like “whoa someone else makes PB&J omlets.” I had posted about them so long ago I forgot, but I’m so happy to have someone else who loves the combo!

Jen — June 18, 2010 at 10:39 pm

I’m loving all the comments today. Like I always tell Hubby, don’t hate it ’til you try it!

Kerstin — June 19, 2010 at 1:40 am

This is funny because my hubby often eats egg whites with peanut butter on top – apparently it’s a big body builder thing to get the right ratio of fat and protein – haha, so you’re not alone, I can imagine he’d love the jelly with this too!

And I really like your top 30 post – very inspiring!

Cara — June 20, 2010 at 3:19 pm

I can kind of see how this works! I made pb&j stuffed french toast once, and this is kind of like that, minus the bread. Like a low-carb pb&j! I might have to give it a shot 🙂