Peppery Lemon Brown Sugar Salmon (Bookmarked Recipes)

Hubby and I are back on track with meal planning. Basically, on Sunday we plan our meals for the week and buy all the groceries needed for those meals. It makes the week nights so much less stressful. Plus since there are only two of us, cooking one night usually provides leftovers for the next day either for lunch or dinner.

I wanted something easy for tonight’s dinner and I had a star on this recipe for quite a while. It was very easy to throw together. I served it with some veggies and roasted potatoes (the Green Giant frozen kind – yum!) We both loved this salmon and agreed to make it any time we need something quick to throw together. I’m submitting these to the weekly blogging event: Bookmarked Recipes.

Peppery Lemon Brown Sugar Salmon – from CB – originally from Rebecca
1-1/2 pounds salmon fillets (bones removed)
3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 tablespoon butter, melted

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

Pat the salmon fillets dry. Brush with melted butter. Combine the seasonings in a small bowl and mix. Sprinkle the seasonings over the salmon, and press down gently.

On a lightly greased baking sheet (I forgot to grease mine at all), bake for 20-25 minutes. Line the sheet with foil for easy cleanup.

9 Responses to “PB&J Omelet”

SimplySweeter — June 18, 2010 at 11:29 am

I’m disgusted…….but intrigued. LOL It sounds like it wouldn’t work…but as a fellow PB&J lover, I’m going to try it pretty soon. I wonder how it would all be with chocolate drizzled on top. Too much?? LOL

Sherry G — June 18, 2010 at 1:26 pm

Ahh I should have checked my Google reader before I had breakfast! I was craving a PB&J sandwich, but only had stale bread..=( I ate it anyway.. but this would have been so much better! I need to try this.

Elina — June 18, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Hmm, I’m not sure about this one… 😉

Amanda — June 18, 2010 at 3:31 pm

not gunna lie…thought this was weird but i’m sorta tempted to try it! num nummm, i’m obsessed with pb…so how could it be bad?

hannah! — June 18, 2010 at 3:55 pm

i love pb & j…but im not sure if i’d love it that much on eggs…..

Nikki57 — June 18, 2010 at 7:36 pm

When I saw this in my google reader I was like “whoa someone else makes PB&J omlets.” I had posted about them so long ago I forgot, but I’m so happy to have someone else who loves the combo!

Jen — June 18, 2010 at 10:39 pm

I’m loving all the comments today. Like I always tell Hubby, don’t hate it ’til you try it!

Kerstin — June 19, 2010 at 1:40 am

This is funny because my hubby often eats egg whites with peanut butter on top – apparently it’s a big body builder thing to get the right ratio of fat and protein – haha, so you’re not alone, I can imagine he’d love the jelly with this too!

And I really like your top 30 post – very inspiring!

Cara — June 20, 2010 at 3:19 pm

I can kind of see how this works! I made pb&j stuffed french toast once, and this is kind of like that, minus the bread. Like a low-carb pb&j! I might have to give it a shot 🙂