Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies (Bookmarked Recipes)

Well, it’s that time of year again. Time for our beer pong league to start up. Every season, I make all sorts of yummy treats for my fellow beer pong-ers to taste. They always go over well. For the kick-off to the season, I wanted to make some cookies. I think cookies go better with beer than cupcakes because you can eat a cookie easily with one hand while holding a beer in the other. So I plan to have hubby pick a cookie recipe every week for me to bake for beer pong. Since the temperature outside is dropping, I’ve been in the mood for pumpkin. So I chose this week instead of hubby. I’m submitting these to the weekly blogging event: Bookmarked Recipes.

These cookies are very good. I love cakey cookies and these fit the bill. The batter alone is very good – hubby was mad I washed the beater without letting him lick it. The batter does separate after the pumpkin goes in, but it comes back together as you add the flour mixture. I multiplied the recipe by 1.75 since the can of pumpkin had 1 3/4 cup of pumpkin in it. This yielded 2 cookies short of 7 dozen (or 82) cookies for me.

Mine poofed up and were VERY cakey. Amber’s didn’t look as cakey. Does anyone know why that is? I did refrigerate my dough for about 20 minutes before the first batch went it. All my ingredients were at room temperature and I did use my stand mixer for the batter. I also sifted the dry ingredients together.

Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip cookies – from Amber’s Delectable Delightsmakes ~3.5 dozen
2 1/2 cup ap flour
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup chocolate chips or raisins – I used white chocolate chips
1/2 – 1 cup pecans or walnuts (optional) – I omitted

Preheat oven 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment. Whisk together flour, leavening, salt and spices.

In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugars. Beat in egg, then vanilla, then pumpkin. Add flour mixture and stir until just incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans, if using.

Drop by tablespoons and bake for 12-14 minutes at 350F. Bake them until they’re lightly browned at the edges, but not dark.

Remove to a wire rack to cool.

Nutritional Information: (please double check with your ingredients and serving sizes – I use this recipe calculator)
1 cookie: 60.5 Calories, 2.1 g Fat, 10.3 mg Cholesterol, 70.1 mg Sodium, 65.5 mg Potassium, 9.8 g Carbs, 0.9 g Dietary Fiber, 6.3 g Sugar, 0.8 g Protein WW POINTS = 1

18 Responses to “Tunnel of Fudge Cake”

vanillasugarblog — February 8, 2014 at 11:54 am

this cake screams a lot of things!
    eat me comes to my mind!
    lol

• beantownbaker — February 8th, 2014 @ 11:57 am

It does definitely scream that πŸ™‚

Aimee — February 9, 2014 at 7:14 am

Gorgeous Bundt, Jen! It looks amazing. Love the butter and cocoa tip and the raspberries!

Tracy | Pale Yellow — February 10, 2014 at 7:31 pm

Who needs a tunnel of love when you have a tunnel of fudge! This looks fantastic!!

Nutmeg Nanny — February 23, 2014 at 9:45 am

This cake looks glorious πŸ™‚ I am dying to get a slice, maybe two πŸ˜‰

sue epstein — February 27, 2014 at 6:19 pm

The original recipe called for a box of Pillsbury’s frosting mix and was much, much better than the current recipes. There was a tunnel of gooey soft fudge in the middle that you just can’t get with today’s recipes for this cake. But it’s still a great cake!

Lynne — February 28, 2014 at 9:35 pm

For most up-to-date information you have to visit tthe webb and oon web I
    found this site as a most excellent web page for latest updates.

Marye Audet — March 21, 2014 at 5:12 pm

One of my favorites! Thanks for the reminder..I need to make this – soon!

Heila — December 22, 2015 at 4:24 am

I just tried this yummy recipe from your blog and it has come out really yummy!! πŸ™‚
    This is my first tunnel of fudge cake and I am quite happy with the outcome…
    Thanks for sharing this easy recipe πŸ™‚

Lois C. Flores — January 27, 2016 at 9:20 pm

Gorgeous!!! I’d love to try to make it for my family soon. Your recipe is so detailed, but to a clumsy person like me, Hopefully I won’t mess everything up haha.

Abigail C. Murdock — March 17, 2016 at 4:19 am

Looking at the picture of your cake I just wanna try it immediately. It looks really good. It is good to make it at home and serve on some special occasions like birthday parties or a party with friends on weekends. Thanks Jen for sharing this recipe with us!

Dane Shaw — March 23, 2016 at 6:47 am

Nice recipe Jen! Hope that I can do it the way you make your cake. Always love chocolate. Thank you for sharing it!

Healthoop — March 24, 2016 at 9:53 am

oh my god, I fell in love with it at the first sight. So yummy and nice at the look. Thanks Jen for sharing wonderful recipe!

Anthony — April 20, 2016 at 12:34 am

Awesome, you make it like an artist. It looks so delicious, I will try your recipe to make it for my kids. Thank you so much for sharing this!

Kathy — June 16, 2016 at 3:26 am

This cake recipe looks very sweet and delicous. I will try it soon. Thank for share this great post.

Luis Sanborn — March 14, 2017 at 4:21 am

This looks amazing, I will try this out tomorrow, thank you for sharing!