Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies (Bookmarked Recipes)

Well, it’s that time of year again. Time for our beer pong league to start up. Every season, I make all sorts of yummy treats for my fellow beer pong-ers to taste. They always go over well. For the kick-off to the season, I wanted to make some cookies. I think cookies go better with beer than cupcakes because you can eat a cookie easily with one hand while holding a beer in the other. So I plan to have hubby pick a cookie recipe every week for me to bake for beer pong. Since the temperature outside is dropping, I’ve been in the mood for pumpkin. So I chose this week instead of hubby. I’m submitting these to the weekly blogging event: Bookmarked Recipes.

These cookies are very good. I love cakey cookies and these fit the bill. The batter alone is very good – hubby was mad I washed the beater without letting him lick it. The batter does separate after the pumpkin goes in, but it comes back together as you add the flour mixture. I multiplied the recipe by 1.75 since the can of pumpkin had 1 3/4 cup of pumpkin in it. This yielded 2 cookies short of 7 dozen (or 82) cookies for me.

Mine poofed up and were VERY cakey. Amber’s didn’t look as cakey. Does anyone know why that is? I did refrigerate my dough for about 20 minutes before the first batch went it. All my ingredients were at room temperature and I did use my stand mixer for the batter. I also sifted the dry ingredients together.

Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip cookies – from Amber’s Delectable Delightsmakes ~3.5 dozen
2 1/2 cup ap flour
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup chocolate chips or raisins – I used white chocolate chips
1/2 – 1 cup pecans or walnuts (optional) – I omitted

Preheat oven 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment. Whisk together flour, leavening, salt and spices.

In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugars. Beat in egg, then vanilla, then pumpkin. Add flour mixture and stir until just incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans, if using.

Drop by tablespoons and bake for 12-14 minutes at 350F. Bake them until theyโ€™re lightly browned at the edges, but not dark.

Remove to a wire rack to cool.

Nutritional Information: (please double check with your ingredients and serving sizes – I use this recipe calculator)
1 cookie: 60.5 Calories, 2.1 g Fat, 10.3 mg Cholesterol, 70.1 mg Sodium, 65.5 mg Potassium, 9.8 g Carbs, 0.9 g Dietary Fiber, 6.3 g Sugar, 0.8 g Protein WW POINTS = 1

11 Responses to “Massaged Kale Salad”

Lauren — August 30, 2010 at 11:23 am

I’m so glad you posted this! Aarti’s kale salad is on my list of dishes to make, and it’s good to know that you guys enjoyed it.

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — August 30, 2010 at 12:49 pm

I saw this on the first episode of Aarti Party and it looked so good to me! Kale is something I’ve also never worked with in our kitchen so I definitely want to give this recipe a try!

Josie — August 30, 2010 at 1:20 pm

I love kale, and I was intrigued by this as well – I really want to try it now! Great picture!

Lauren — August 30, 2010 at 2:12 pm

I picked up all of the ingredients this morning to make the salad, and it is now sitting in my fridge waiting to be devoured for lunch. It’s GREAT! Who knew raw kale could be so good?!

Lizzy — August 30, 2010 at 3:54 pm

Kale is one of my favorite foods but I haven’t had it raw yet. I am bookmarking this!

Kate — August 30, 2010 at 4:00 pm

Wow sounds interesting! I’m very curious to try it myself. I love kale.

Christine — August 30, 2010 at 9:48 pm

I saw this on Aarti Party too – looks good – glad you tried it!

We Are Not Martha — August 31, 2010 at 1:51 am

I love kale and am on a new-found mango kick, so I’m sure this is absolutely wonderful ๐Ÿ™‚

Sues

Sherry G — August 31, 2010 at 3:33 pm

I don’t know if I could get anyone in my family to try this, but it looks so interesting! I have never tried kale, but I would like to!

Cara — August 31, 2010 at 5:09 pm

I made a massaged kale salad once but it was just “eh”. I don’t think I massaged enough. But I might have to try it again, and do it the right way, since you both loved it!

Elina — September 2, 2010 at 6:48 pm

I LOVE massaged kale – love, love, love it. It tastes completely different than “regular” – not as “green” if that makes sense. ๐Ÿ™‚
    I also love the next food network star. I should check out Aarti’s show since this recipe sounds like it’s right up my alley. ๐Ÿ™‚