Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies (Bookmarked Recipes)

Well, it’s that time of year again. Time for our beer pong league to start up. Every season, I make all sorts of yummy treats for my fellow beer pong-ers to taste. They always go over well. For the kick-off to the season, I wanted to make some cookies. I think cookies go better with beer than cupcakes because you can eat a cookie easily with one hand while holding a beer in the other. So I plan to have hubby pick a cookie recipe every week for me to bake for beer pong. Since the temperature outside is dropping, I’ve been in the mood for pumpkin. So I chose this week instead of hubby. I’m submitting these to the weekly blogging event: Bookmarked Recipes.

These cookies are very good. I love cakey cookies and these fit the bill. The batter alone is very good – hubby was mad I washed the beater without letting him lick it. The batter does separate after the pumpkin goes in, but it comes back together as you add the flour mixture. I multiplied the recipe by 1.75 since the can of pumpkin had 1 3/4 cup of pumpkin in it. This yielded 2 cookies short of 7 dozen (or 82) cookies for me.

Mine poofed up and were VERY cakey. Amber’s didn’t look as cakey. Does anyone know why that is? I did refrigerate my dough for about 20 minutes before the first batch went it. All my ingredients were at room temperature and I did use my stand mixer for the batter. I also sifted the dry ingredients together.

Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip cookies – from Amber’s Delectable Delightsmakes ~3.5 dozen
2 1/2 cup ap flour
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup chocolate chips or raisins – I used white chocolate chips
1/2 – 1 cup pecans or walnuts (optional) – I omitted

Preheat oven 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment. Whisk together flour, leavening, salt and spices.

In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugars. Beat in egg, then vanilla, then pumpkin. Add flour mixture and stir until just incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans, if using.

Drop by tablespoons and bake for 12-14 minutes at 350F. Bake them until they’re lightly browned at the edges, but not dark.

Remove to a wire rack to cool.

Nutritional Information: (please double check with your ingredients and serving sizes – I use this recipe calculator)
1 cookie: 60.5 Calories, 2.1 g Fat, 10.3 mg Cholesterol, 70.1 mg Sodium, 65.5 mg Potassium, 9.8 g Carbs, 0.9 g Dietary Fiber, 6.3 g Sugar, 0.8 g Protein WW POINTS = 1

12 Responses to “Chewy Molasses Chocolate Chip Cookies”

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — January 3, 2011 at 5:40 pm

I love, love, love how serious your distinction is between chewy puffy vs. chewy thin vs. crispy thin cookies. It makes me smile.

Jen — January 3, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Like I said, I’m weird about cookies πŸ™‚

Cupcake Activist — January 3, 2011 at 6:02 pm

I love molasses and chocolate chip cookies. Great idea to put them together. I like chewy thin cookies.

Blog is the New Black — January 3, 2011 at 6:27 pm

I don’t like flat cookies, either! i like fat, soft ones! (TWSS)

Daisy — January 3, 2011 at 6:37 pm

If f anyone is entitled to be weird abotu cookies it is you. these look yummy, I’m all about flat and chewy!

Megan — January 3, 2011 at 7:36 pm

One of my co-workers makes a ginger chocolate chip cookie that I was surprised to find I liked. These seem like they’d be similar.

Shannon — January 4, 2011 at 12:13 am

sometimes responses from friends and family is all you need! there’s always the next batch for you to love πŸ™‚

innochkaskitchen — January 4, 2011 at 2:39 am

Hmmm so I love chocolate chip cookies…and my husband LOVES molasses cookies…I wonder if this is our perfect compromise…
    Great recipe!

cookingwhims — January 4, 2011 at 2:28 pm

These look and sound amazing–I’ll have to try these πŸ™‚

ann — January 4, 2011 at 4:11 pm

These look great. It’s hard to find a good Molasses Cookie.

Jo — January 15, 2011 at 8:13 pm

I love these cookies because I am the worst person at remembering to take butter out to soften and with these I don’t have to worry about that. I made my first batch with milk chocolate chips and my second with butterscotch chips (since my FIL can’t have chocolate) and they were both wonderful. The 8 year old finds them too tangy – so more for me πŸ™‚

Julsey — January 27, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Best. Cookies. Ever. Making them for a 2nd time today and mailing half to my friend in Colorado who desperately needs a pick me up πŸ™‚