My blogiversary

I know that the word blogiversary is a made up word. But most bloggers out there celebrate theirs – and I’m no different. My first post introducing myself was on August 28 of last year. I had no idea at the time that I would have blogged about so many wonderful kinds of food (including 40 cupcake varieties!)

I feel like I’ve grown quite a bit over the past year. My confidence in the kitchen has grown quite a bit (thanks so much to Daring Bakers for making me tackle many of my baking fears). I’ve also gotten better at taking photos of food. Man, some good natural light does wonders. Since I mostly blog about my baked goods, I can usually take a picture the next day in the light. But most dinners take place lont after the sun has set, so those pictures often aren’t as great.

Thanks for listening to my rambling over the past year. I hope you’ve enjoyed my blog and maybe tried out a couple recipes throughout the year. I plan to continue blogging although in the near future this will become a kitchen renovations blog. Hubby and I are planning a complete gut of our kitchen down to the studs and subfloor. There will be no cooking or baking in our house for quite some time. Stay tuned!

7 Responses to “Oh What a Night”

Sarah — July 31, 2010 at 9:01 pm

Interesting to know those things really happen! So what was your official feedback, and had everyone been raving about the food before the announcement? Hubby and I have eaten the Wanchai Ferry Sweet & Sour Chicken and weren’t thrilled with it (tasted very sweet and goopy, just overall processed). I guess it’s all psychological!

nutmegnanny — August 1, 2010 at 1:06 am

Hahahaha that’s so funny that they did a little switch on you. Like you pointed out, I guess that is how they did the Pizza Hut commercials.

Megan — August 1, 2010 at 1:09 am

I think you did a great, fair recap of the event. It was at least really nice to run into you there! And you got some great pictures.

Jen — August 1, 2010 at 7:49 pm

Sarah – I updated my post to include more feedback. As I mentioned, we were discussing how the first two courses were much better than the entrees. At least at our table, there was no raving.

Kerstin — August 2, 2010 at 1:27 am

I’m glad you had fun, although I’m a bit perplexed that they thought they could fool foodies with a frozen dinner! I still haven’t been to Flour and really need to go – I feel like I’m a bad Boston blogger!

Jen — August 2, 2010 at 2:19 am

I agree Kerstin, most food bloggers probably don’t eat many frozen entrees… But it definitely wasn’t all food bloggers.

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — August 6, 2010 at 4:46 pm

I heard about this event from Megan and it sounds interesting to say the least. It just seems like GM didn’t do their research because that is not similar to Myers + Chang’s food! Either way, at least you had fun with some other food bloggers!