Bacon wrapped, Goat cheese and almond stuffed Dates

This is the last of the “Stuff It!” party posts. I’ve actually never seen or eaten a date before making these little guys. Two weeks later, I’ve already made 3 batches. These have the perfect combination of salty and sweet, chewy and crunchy. I got hubby to help assemble them. They’re loosely based on a recipe from Allrecipes.
Bacon wrapped, goat cheese and almond stuffed dates – makes ~32
1 pkg pitted dates
4-5 oz goat cheese
~32 almonds
thick cut bacon

Cut the bacon in half and set aside.

Slice dates in half, and open them up. Scoop a small amount of goat cheese into the center of the dates (I used a teaspoon, hubby used his fingers). Place an almond in the goat cheese and close the halves of the dates.

Wrap a half-slice of bacon around the outside of the date. Secure each one with a toothpick. We found it was best to fill all the dates first, then wrap them all. Arrange in a baking dish or on a baking sheet with sides to catch any grease.
Broil for about 5 minutes on each side or until bacon is cooked. We also threw these on the grill the second time around. They took a little longer, but were still delicious.
Remove toothpicks before serving.
Note – I am submitting this in Joelen’s TGIF Martini Mixer blogging event. Check out the details here.

7 Responses to “Honey Mustard Pretzels”

Julie — October 29, 2012 at 11:41 pm

Good luck with the storm. Be safe, glad to read you turned around and went home thinking about the end of the day!
    I think if I was still in New York state I’d be baking up a storm to prepare for the Sandy Blizzard myself. Here in Alabama we can only hope for the best for you all on the shorelines up there!

Jen — October 30, 2012 at 2:36 am

Thanks. So far so good where I live. We haven’t list power yet, so that’s good!

Peggy — March 5, 2013 at 8:52 am

I’m the same way with snacks at home! Once I get some in my hand, it’s over! These would definitely disappear rather quickly in our house, too =)

• beantownbaker — March 6th, 2013 @ 8:38 pm

Glad to hear I’m not the only one like that!

Sharon — March 8, 2014 at 8:32 am

I have tried a couple different recipes for the beloved hone mustard pretzels but to no avail…they always remain kind of “sticky”, so I am eager to try yours but I think they too will be sticky….are they?Why can’t you find the honey mustard pretzels anymore except in small bags????

• beantownbaker — March 8th, 2014 @ 1:14 pm

I agree. They were a bit sticky the next day. But the first day, they weren’t. If they are when you take them out, just toss them and bake a little while longer.

Paula — July 7, 2015 at 8:21 am

The pretzels were very soft and nasty. I was hoping they were going to be like the Hanover Honey Mustard pretzels but are not at all. They don’t have a lot of flavor and the kids didn’t like that they were soft. I would not make them again.