Stuffed Strawberries

I had seen recipes in my Google Reader for stuffed strawberries and I was very intrigued. Then we hosted our Stuff It! dinner party and I immediately thought of stuffed strawberries and the leftover chocolate frosting I had in the freezer. I cannot say enough good things about this frosting. It’s AMAZING. I’ve tried the Hershey’s Perfectly Chocolate frosting and other chocolate frostings, but this new chocolate frosting recipe really blows the others out of the water. It has definitely replaced my go-to cream cheese chocolate frosting recipe as my favorite. Although it is a lot more fluffy, so if you want a more sturdy frosting, I’d go with the cream cheese frosting.

But I digress. Back to the strawberries. As I noted in my original post about this frosting, my sister and I dipped our strawberries in it so it was a no brainer to stuff strawberries with it.

I did have a hard time getting the hang of stuffing strawberries. The idea is to pipe the frosting in just until it starts to seep out of the cuts that were made. I sprinkled mine with powdered sugar, and as expected, they were gobbled up in no time. This is a great way to use up some leftover frosting.

Stuffed Strawberries – from Allrecipes.com
Fresh Strawberries
Your favorite frosting – I used THIS chocolate frosting recipe

Cut the tops off of the strawberries and stand upright on the cut side. Make a cut 3/4 of the way down from the tip of the strawberry towards the bottom.

Place frosting into a piping bag with a star tip. Pipe into each strawberry and arrange on a serving platter.

9 Responses to “Cranberry Sauce”

theblogisthenewblack — November 1, 2010 at 11:24 am

You’re right- so easy there’s no reason not to try this! ha!

Eliana — November 1, 2010 at 3:42 pm

Love that this recipe is so simple and easy. A must have for Thanksgiving.

Michelle — November 1, 2010 at 4:05 pm

I LOVE homemade cranberry sauce! Tastes so good on the Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwich!

Nutmeg Nanny — November 1, 2010 at 5:06 pm

Delicious! Simple recipes need to be shared too…those are my favorite 🙂

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — November 1, 2010 at 6:08 pm

This absolutely falls under the this-is-so-easy-and-so-much-better-why-would-I-ever-go-back-to-canned-version territory! I recently made turkey burgers with cranberry sauce dressing and used the canned kind – never again!

The Small Boston Kitchen — November 1, 2010 at 10:27 pm

You’re so right…there is NOTHING better than homemade!

Kerstin — November 2, 2010 at 4:17 am

Wow, this sounds so easy and delicious! I’m cooking for the first time this year and can’t wait to make everything from scratch, which usually doesn’t happen when others in my family cook… 🙂

Cassykins — November 2, 2010 at 6:24 pm

I’m jealous, I want this. I have to eat the stuff from a can because I’m allergic to cranberries and the stuff in a can is far away enough from real that I can get away with it. My grandma used to make cranberry relish which was amazing, but also broke me out into the most amazing hives.

Medifast Coupon Code 2010 — November 4, 2010 at 3:08 pm

I have never understood those that buy canned cranberries when they are so simple to make. Tastes way better than any can.
    Thanks for your nice and simple cranberry sauce recipe.