Way to nerd that up…

Leigh has started another blogging event: The Not Only Breakfast Club. The first theme is nerdy food. That’s right up our alley!

Hubby and I are engineers. We’re pretty much about as nerdy as it gets. We both got degrees in Aeronautical engineering. Our families like to say we’re rocket scientists even though neither of us work in rocketry. A lot of our friends are also enginerds. We often have to call each other out for “nerding” something up. You know, when someone takes it to that next level of nerdiness.

Some non-nerds can’t handle the nerdiness that we can bring to a party. One day after work, we were hanging out with my big bro and his fiancee. Big bro is an enginerd as well. Future sister in law asked if we knew what big bro was talking about when he said he writes “code” all day. I think she was looking for sympathy from us. We laughed and said of course we knew. In fact, I write code about 40 hours a week at work!

Anyways, back to the food. I saw this and almost laughed out loud. Take a look at it. Do you think this food is nerdy?

Come on, you can’t even handle how nerdy this food is. If you don’t see why this guacamole is nerdy, you are clearly not a nerd. Who remembers high school chemistry? Remember Avogadro’s magic number? 6.02×10^23 molecules in a mole? I remember struggling with this concept back in high school. Then one day it just all clicked. There aren’t actually even 6 avocado’s in this guac, only 5 in fact, but it’s still a great name for the guac.

Not only is this guacomole perfectly fitting for us, it also tastes AMAZING! And it comes in these two packets so you can save some for later. We threw one packet in the freezer to enjoy later. Definitely grab some the next time you are at TJs.
While I didn’t actually make any nerdy foods, I did use nerdy food in an awesome meal. I used my go-to turkey burger recipe and added a dollop of the nerdy guac and a handfull of sprouts. So tasty! Hubby had his on a bun and I just ate mine without.

9 Responses to “Mustard Maple Brussels Sprouts”

Shannon — November 20, 2013 at 9:01 pm

ooh, i love a good brussels recipe, this one is definitely going on the top of my to-try list! and i’m totally with you on pomegranate seeds 🙂

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 6:05 pm

Are pom seeds the best.

Ginny — November 21, 2013 at 4:59 am

I will definitely try these. But that’s not why I wrote. I wanted to tell you that I’m proud of you for taking off time to be with your family. It may or may not have been a difficult decision. That doesn’t matter – It was the right thing to do. While you didn’t ask my permission, you didn’t need to. You have my unmitigated support.

Now go enjoy. Just remember to put your feet up now and then and if anyone volunteers, accept their offer without guilt. It will not only give you a break, you will likely have the perfect chance to bond with (and love) your helpers.

Happy Thanksgiving!

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 6:09 pm

Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Liz — November 21, 2013 at 10:51 am

Nice recipe. Thank you. Enjoy your time off and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families.

Athena @ Fitness & Feta — November 21, 2013 at 10:55 am

Love pomegranates, and I love Brussels Sprouts, so I can’t wait to try this recipe. My boyfriend doesn’t have the same love affair with Brussels Sprouts as I do, but I’m hoping this will help change his mind. Thanks!

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 6:11 pm

This is definitely a recipe that could change the tune of a non-brussels-sprouts lover. Let me know how it goes.

Charles Berger — November 29, 2013 at 2:17 pm

It looks fantastic! thanks a lot for sharing the recipe

• beantownbaker — December 1st, 2013 @ 6:49 pm

It’s really quite tasty. Let me know if you try it out!