More cheeses I can eat!!

Being lactose intolerant has been a tough adjustment for me. Ice cream is the one thing I miss most. I used to eat ice cream on a regular basis including all the crazy flavors. Another food that I miss is cheese. Things like mac & cheese or grilled cheese sandwiches are GREAT but just not for me anymore 🙁

I was browsing Trader Joe’s the other day when I cam across two varieties of sheep milk cheese. I’ve been eating goat cheese in almost everything since it doesn’t have lactose in it, but I was so excited to find two more cheeses that I can eat!!

I got so excited about the cheese that I came home and made grilled cheese sandwiches. They were delicious. The sheep’s milk Gouda is so good. I highly recommend checking them out.

6 Responses to “Am I a cupcake Hero?!?”

MrsPresley — October 9, 2007 at 3:06 am

i love lime! these sound great 🙂

JaneDough — May 5, 2008 at 12:59 am

It’s 5 o’clock somewhere, so bottoms up with these tasty-sounding sweet treats!

Deborah — May 5, 2008 at 3:21 am

The frosting recipe is missing something. ‘1/4 butter’ ??? Pound or cup? But it sounds great.

Nell — May 6, 2008 at 2:01 am

Those look amazing!

Jen — May 9, 2008 at 5:11 pm

I’ll have to double check the recipe and fix my typo this weekend. Sorry about that. For anyone who asked why they look slushy. This was one of my first Vegan cupcakes and I was using low-fat soy milk. This causes the cupcakes to come out gummy/sticky and not rise very much. I filled them the same amount that I usually do, they just didn’t rise up much. I’d like to try this recipe again to make prettier margarita cupcakes.

Jeremy — June 5, 2008 at 2:21 am

I use non-vegan ingredients and they turn out great as well. Also, I seem to have to double the powdered sugar for the frosting to give it an substance, and then I have way too much frosting 🙂 I also add a bit more lime than the recipe calls for, but that’s just me.