More cheeses I can eat!!

Being lactose intolerant has been a tough adjustment for me. Ice cream is the one thing I miss most. I used to eat ice cream on a regular basis including all the crazy flavors. Another food that I miss is cheese. Things like mac & cheese or grilled cheese sandwiches are GREAT but just not for me anymore 🙁

I was browsing Trader Joe’s the other day when I cam across two varieties of sheep milk cheese. I’ve been eating goat cheese in almost everything since it doesn’t have lactose in it, but I was so excited to find two more cheeses that I can eat!!

I got so excited about the cheese that I came home and made grilled cheese sandwiches. They were delicious. The sheep’s milk Gouda is so good. I highly recommend checking them out.

14 Responses to “Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream”

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) — May 31, 2013 at 8:14 am

What a gorgeous chocolate!! I adore deep chocolate ice creams.

• beantownbaker — May 31st, 2013 @ 10:07 am

You would definitely love this then. It’s so rich and chocolatey!

Ashley Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) — May 31, 2013 at 8:19 am

I just got an ice cream maker and cannot wait to start trying it out… this looks a bit above my skill level, but a good thing to work towards!

• beantownbaker — May 31st, 2013 @ 10:08 am

I completely understand wanting to start out with an easier recipe. Sorbets are really easy. No cooking necessary for most sorbet recipes. But def keep this one in the back of your mind for when you feel more confident!

Eva @ Eva Bakes — May 31, 2013 at 8:51 am

I made this dark chocolate ice cream last year, and it is definitely the best chocolate ice cream I’ve ever had. The 5-day wait time is pure torture, but it’s completely worth it. So glad you enjoyed this as much as I did!

• beantownbaker — May 31st, 2013 @ 10:07 am

I agree, it was complete torture, especially after taking a taste after it had processed in the machine…

tracy {pale yellow} — May 31, 2013 at 6:23 pm

A rich, deep chocolate ice cream is worth the wait! It’s so hard to find a recipe for the decadent chocolate ice I desire, this recipe has moved to the top of my to-do list!

Sues — June 3, 2013 at 6:48 am

You can tell just by looking at this how rich and awesome it is!!

• beantownbaker — June 7th, 2013 @ 8:52 am

It’s seriously difficult to scoop it’s so thick!

Shannon — June 6, 2013 at 12:11 pm

wowza, this certainly tell how rich and decadent it is!! i’m appreciating more and more those things that I only need a spoonful of to satisfy 😉

• beantownbaker — June 7th, 2013 @ 8:53 am

This is definitely one of those things. I love chocolate but could only handle one small scoop at a time.

Nutmeg Nanny — June 7, 2013 at 6:15 pm

Who isn’t a fan of chocolate?! This looks amazing 🙂

Lisa T — June 16, 2013 at 6:42 pm

I would love to try this recipe. I am wondering why you used coconut milk, and I’m assuming full fat coconut milk?

• beantownbaker — June 16th, 2013 @ 7:47 pm

i use coconut milk because I’m lactose intolerant so I can’t use cow’s milk or heavy cream. If you want to use those dairy products, follow the instructions in the original recipe. And yes, I use full fat coconut milk.