Stuffed Chicken Burgers

This recipe is actually for stuffed turkey burgers, but we didn’t have any ground turkey on hand, so I used ground chicken. Hubby said these are his favorite non-beef burgers. The glaze really balanced out the flavors of the red peppers. I ate mine without a bun.

Stuffed Chicken burgers – original recipe from Lindsey’s Blog – makes 4
1 1/2 lbs. Ground Chicken Breast
1/2 packet Good Seasonings Italian Dressing Packet
4 oz. Goat Cheese Softened
1/4 cup Sundried Tomatoes (Chopped)
1/2 cup Roasted Red Peppers (Chopped)
2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
1 tbsp. Cornstarch
Combine goat cheese, sundried tomatoes, roasted red peppers and freshly ground pepper in a small bowl and set aside.

In a medium bowl mix together ground turkey and Good Seasonings. Shape into 8 equal sized patties. Scoop the cheese mixture onto four patties and top with remaining patties. Use for fingers, seal the edge of burgers closed.

Grill or broil for seven minutes per side or until no longer pink.

Balsamic Glaze
In a small skillet heat vinegar and cornstarch over low heat stirring occasionally until it turns think and syrupy.
Drizzle on top of cooked burgers.

11 Responses to “Lime Cilantro Sweet Potatoes with Black Beans”

Lauren — November 5, 2010 at 11:54 am

This dish sounds great! I love sweet potatoes and black beans together, and the cilantro and lime sound like the perfect flavor additions.

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — November 5, 2010 at 2:08 pm

My fiance isn’t the biggest fan of beans so I try to “sneak” them into dishes and this looks a great recipe to try out!

Eliana — November 5, 2010 at 6:16 pm

I absolutely adore sweet potatoes but wud have never thought of flavoring them with cilantro and lime. This sounds like it would turn out super delicious.

Kerstin — November 6, 2010 at 5:42 pm

We always have black beans in the house too and they are just perfect with sweet potatoes too – yum!

becksterslaboratory — November 7, 2010 at 12:37 am

Oh dear, I never thought of pairing these 4 fave flavors together. Amazing : )

Nutmeg Nanny — November 7, 2010 at 6:01 pm

Yum! I love black beans and I also love that they are super good for you. I think this would be an awesome quick weeknight dinner!

tobias cooks! — November 8, 2010 at 5:48 pm

perfect combo of tastes. I would love to try this one.

Boston Food Diary — November 9, 2010 at 2:35 pm

Mmmm what a refreshing twist on sweet potatoes! These sound hearty and delicious!

Carrie — November 11, 2010 at 7:01 pm

What a great recipe and beautiful photo. Black beans and sweet potatoes (and cilantro, for that matter!) are a couple of my favorite foods, so I know that I’d love this!

lacasitainspirada — November 14, 2010 at 6:20 pm

Yum! I love black beans in salads. This sounds great!
    And great pictures, too!

robinakagoatmom — February 28, 2015 at 7:18 pm

Made a half recipe and loved it hot or cold! Took to a work pot luck and a hit with everyone. Thanks for another great recipe.