Master Baker – Cinnamon!

I haven’t been baking or blogging much this month. Life in Boston has been cold and wet and work has been keeping me really busy. I have made over 5 dozen of these chocolate cupcakes that are AWESOME and so easy to make. We had friends in town, I had the flu one weekend and I attended a Vegan Cupcake baking class one weekend. So like I said, it’s been a busy month.

I wanted to participate in the first ever Master Baker blogging event. The rules are simple – bake something with the ingredient specified. I was in the mood for some cookies and these guys really hit the spot. They made the house smell delicious. I enjoyed a couple crumbled over ice cream and some warm homemade applesauce. YUM.

I followed the recipe exactly, except I used Egg Beaters since we didn’t have any eggs. I used my cookie scoop and got 36 cookies and they took the entire 12 minutes to bake. The dough looked like cinnamon ice cream. I wanted to eat it all without cooking it…

Cinnamon Cookies – recipe from – makes 36
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tablespoons molasses
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/8 teaspoons baking soda
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).

Cream together butter and sugar.

Mix in egg and molasses, blending well.

Mix flour, baking soda and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture, mixing well.

(I chilled the dough for about 15 minutes in the fridge) Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.

11 Responses to “Cinnamon Roll Bundt”

Nutmeg Nanny — November 16, 2013 at 2:37 pm

I love bundt cakes, I love cinnamon rolls! Thank you for combining them for me 😉 looks wonderful!

Connie — November 18, 2013 at 11:12 am

I love Mary’s “I Love Big Bundts” feature on Food Librarian! Your Cinnamon Roll Bundt looks delicious, and quite possibly a great addition to an holiday table as it is different and unexpected.

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) — November 18, 2013 at 11:22 am

Thanks so much for sharing and trying my recipe!!

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 5:50 pm

Thanks for posting it in the first place!

sara — November 18, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Yummy! This looks so delicious!!

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 5:50 pm

It really is delicious!

food librarian — December 1, 2013 at 2:47 am

Jen, I can’t wait to try this!!!! It looks fantastic. And I need to work with you and this $5 pig out – or I need to bring this to my work. 🙂 Thanks for baking along with me…your blog is always such an inspiration to me! – mary the food librarian

• beantownbaker — December 1st, 2013 @ 6:55 pm

The $5 pig out is awesome. Thanks for doing I Like Big Bundts again this year!

Sarah C — December 12, 2013 at 11:38 pm

I just made this cake as a breakfast contribution to a holiday food fest at work. It was a HUGE hit! People were actually waiting for me to arrive in the morning before they’d even tasted it, just because they saw it on the sign-up list. Then once people started eating it, they were actually emailing and IM’ing to rave about how amazing it was. My co-workers have now added it to the list of things they regularly ask me to make. 🙂

• beantownbaker — December 17th, 2013 @ 10:55 am

That’s awesome to hear! Glad the recipe was such a big hit for you.

Homepage Optimierung 6020 — December 22, 2013 at 10:59 pm

Yes! Finally someone writes about Edellaubbäume.