Vegan Brownies – 3 WW pts each

I have been craving a big fat brownie for a couple days now. Unfortunately, I got a sinus infection and couldn’t do much, but once I started feeling better, I knew what I wanted to do. I found a Vegan brownie recipe and it turned out pretty darn good. It definitely satisfied my craving! I made a few modifications to the recipe and they still turned out great.

Vegan Brownie (from Allrecipes.com) – makes 242 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup water – I used 1 1/2 cups of soy milk1 cup vegetable oil I used 1/2 cup1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Pour in water, vegetable oil and vanilla; mix until well blended. Spread evenly in a 9×13 inch baking pan.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is no longer shiny. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares.

I wanted to add some nuts to some of the brownies, so I decided to add nuts to 1/3, swirled chocolate/PB chocolate chips to 1/3 and left 1/3 plain. Hubby liked the ones with the PB/choco-chips best. I liked the plain ones best.

Ahh… this is the best way to enjoy a brownie – warm with vanilla ice cream (Tofutti for me) over the top. MMmmmm!!

Nutritional Information (please double check with your ingredients and serving sizes – I use this recipe calculator)

1 serving: 153.9 Calories, 5.4 g Fat, 0.0 mg Cholesterol, 127.3 mg Sodium, 62.1 mg Potassium, 25.5 g Carbs, 2.0 g Dietary Fiber, 18.0 g Sugar, 2.3 g Protein WW POINTS = 3

9 Responses to “Marshmallow Fondant Pirate Party Cupcakes”

laurasrecipecollection — October 22, 2009 at 1:13 pm

Your costumes are so cute!
    I love the fondant too. I’m going to be trying fondant for the first time next weekend. You make it look so simple!

Xiaolu — October 22, 2009 at 2:47 pm

I MUST try this! I’ve been avoiding fondant cause of all the terrible things I’ve heard about the taste. Problem solved – thanks! You guys are so creative with the costumes too.

oneordinaryday — October 22, 2009 at 5:08 pm

That is so awesome. An annual pirate party? Sounds like a blast. I love your shirts too. If my kids weren’t already set on their Halloween costumes, I’d suggest being a treasure map instead. That is so creative!!!

oneordinaryday — October 22, 2009 at 5:09 pm

Oops – forgot to mention the cupcakes. : )
    Very cool. I’ve never made fondant because I’m afraid it tastes bad. Is it good?

Jen — October 22, 2009 at 6:31 pm

It is good! It tastes like marshmallow but sweeter.

nutmegnanny — October 23, 2009 at 3:11 am

Delicious! If that was your first time making fondant I would give yourself a big pat on the back:) It looks awesome! I need some mad cupcake skills like yours!

thereddeer — October 24, 2009 at 12:55 am

After my current box of fondant has run out I am so making some marshmallow fondant – and now that I know you can use the KitchenAid even better!

Carrie — October 25, 2009 at 6:23 pm

Wow, you did an amazing job! Thank you for the fondant tutorial, I’ve never made fondant before… you make it look so easy!

stephchows — October 26, 2009 at 2:54 pm

just went to a party on saturday. if you show up without a costume the rest of the guests get to pick a costume out of the box of last years costumes for you to wear heeh