Scallop Mango salad

Hubby and I want to start eating more salads as entrees. I saw this in a recent copy of Cooking Light and thought we’d give it a try. Neither of us had ever cooked with sea scallops before, but they are really easy to cook.

This was a great salad but needed a little something more. Perhaps if we had mango chutney that would have provided what was missing (we used a sliced mango instead). Also, this salad will not keep well, so next time we’ll make 1/2 the recipe for just the 2 of us.

Caribbean Grilled Scallop Salad (from Cooking Light) – Serves 412 large sea scallops (about 1 1/2 pounds)
2 tsp fish rub, divided
cooking spray
5 (1/2 inch) slices fresh pineapple
4 cups gourmet salad greens or mixed salad greens
4 cups torn Boston lettuce (about 2 small heads)
1/3 cup diced peeled avocado
2 Tbsp mango chutney – we didn’t have any chutney, so we just diced a mango
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tsp olive oil

Prepare grill to high heat.

Pat scallops dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle 1 1/2 tsp fish rub evenly over scallops. Coat scallops with cooking spray. Place scallops on grill rack; grill 3 minutes on each side or until done.

Remove scallops. Add pineapple to grill rack; grill 2 minutes on each side. Remove pineapple from grill; chop pineapple.

Combine salad greens, lettuce, pineapple, and avocado in a large bowl.

Chop large pieces of chutney. Combine chutney, lime juice, olive oil, and remaining 1/2 tsp fish rub in a small bowl. Add dressing to salad, and toss well. Place 1 1/2 cups salad into each of 4 bowls. Arrange 3 scallops over each salad.

12 Responses to “Crockpot Cranberry Pork Roast”

Rachel — November 17, 2009 at 5:21 pm

this sounds really good-will be trying this!

Kerstin — November 17, 2009 at 5:56 pm

This looks so tasty and easy to make! I need to get a crockpot.

Megan — November 17, 2009 at 10:15 pm

I made that recipe last week – and everyone loved it! I only wish I’d gotten pictures…..

oneordinaryday — November 17, 2009 at 10:15 pm

This looks wonderful. Bookmarking right now! Thanks!

Ingrid — November 18, 2009 at 3:26 am

Oh, boy this looks wonderful! I love slow cooker recipes like this. What side did you serve with it? Just veggies?
    ~ingrid

Kat — November 18, 2009 at 12:40 pm

Both your cranberry recipes look great. I am hoping Santa brings me a new crockpot for Christmas as my previous one was nuclear. This recipe looks so easy. I am not a pie fan so am thinking the cranberry apple dessert would be nice for hubby and I for Thanksgiving. Thank you for sharing!

Jen — November 18, 2009 at 12:44 pm

Yep just some steamed veggies.

Kasey — November 23, 2009 at 7:13 pm

I made this over the weekend and it was delicious! Thanks for the posting!

Krystal — November 24, 2010 at 4:50 pm

I finally made this recipe after having it bookmarked forever. Thanks to Kelsey for reminding me about it – it was soooo good and it definitely hit the spot!!! Thanks Jen!

Amanda Pronko — December 22, 2013 at 3:36 pm

I make this every year for Christmas dinner 😀 We always go out for a fancy Christmas Eve dinner, and then we have a huge fancy Christmas Breakfast… by the time Christmas dinner comes around we are wiped out and not really in the mood to cook. This recipe is perfect because I can throw it all in the crock pot on Christmas Eve morning and pop in in the fridge. Then on Christmas day I put it on low and put wild rice in the rice cooker. My family always looks forward to it and we just love how delicious it is. I really wanted to let you know that this has been a tradition for us for about 3-4 years!! Thanks so much and Merry Christmas!!

• beantownbaker — December 26th, 2013 @ 11:06 am

I love hearing stories like this! Family traditions are so heart warming during the holidays 🙂

Liz — January 25, 2014 at 10:31 am

Nice recipe – Thank you. I love slow cooker recipes. Have a Happy Weekend!