Easy M&M Treats

These little guys remind me of Christmas growing up. We always made them. They’re the perfect combination of salty and sweet and are the perfect bite-size.

These treats would also be great for any other occasion. Pink or blue M&Ms for a baby shower, orange and black for Halloween, red and blue for Forth of July. I highly recommend making this a two-man job. It will make things go a lot smoother.

Easy M&M Treats (by ME!)
1 1-lb bag of mini-pretzels
2 big bag of M&Ms
2 packages of Almond Bark

Line 2 cookie sheets with waxed paper. Lie pretzels (flat side down) on the waxed paper. They can be very close to each other.

Melt almond bark in the microwave according to the directions on the package. Using a spoon, scoop some of the melted almond bark into the holes of the pretzels. Before it starts to set, put 3 M&Ms into the melted almond bark. This is where it helps to have an extra set of hands. Usually I pour the melted almond bark while Hubby puts the M&Ms in.

When the sheet is full, put it in the freezer or outside to let the almond bark set.

14 Responses to “Triple Layer Oreo Cake”

URBakin'MeCrazyy — February 9, 2011 at 5:10 pm

This look absolutely FABULOUS! 🙂 I love oreo’s… They could quite possibly be my favorite snack food.! I’m defientely adding this recipe to my collection of cakes to bake! Thanks for sharing.

Cupcake Kelly — February 10, 2011 at 2:14 pm

that is one of the MOST impressive cakes I’ve ever seen! You always amaze me with your creativity! very inspirational.

Elina (Healthy and Sane) — February 10, 2011 at 7:55 pm

OMG – I want!!! 😀

Anonymous — December 16, 2011 at 1:36 pm

hi is it ok to use regular coffee?like maxwell?how many teaspoon of maxwell should i use?thanks

Anonymous — January 20, 2012 at 8:06 pm

This looks AMAZING! What did you use to hold the Oreos in place on the top? Is that Oreo filling?

Claire — February 10, 2012 at 11:46 pm

Love this cake – made it for my hubby’s 30th! Just a quick question as I had a little trouble with the Oreo filling. It was a bit thin. I think the problem might be the type of cream I used as we don’t have heavy cream in Australia (at least it’s not called heavy cream) so does anyone know what type of cream I should use? Thanks heaps 🙂

nette — December 24, 2012 at 3:38 am

This cake turned out amazing! I omitted the coffee from the frosting and it was perfect without but im sure it would have been prefect with. It was a process to make it but well worth it! Just as good if not better than a bakery cake!

• beantownbaker — December 24th, 2012 @ 5:48 pm

Yes, it’s definitely a lot of work, but worth the effort! Glad you enjoyed it.

Tastes of Lizzy T — June 1, 2013 at 5:52 am

Found you on Carole’s Chatter Food on Friday link-up. This cake looks like perfection!! I definitely need to try it soon:)

• beantownbaker — June 10th, 2013 @ 12:33 pm

Thanks and welcome! You should definitely make this cake if you like Oreos at all.

Betty Kang — July 22, 2013 at 11:17 am

OMG, I love oreo so much!!! I will try to make this cake someday! Thank you for the delicious recipe!

• beantownbaker — July 22nd, 2013 @ 1:13 pm

It definitely takes a little bit of extra effort, but it’s so worth it!

Karen — June 2, 2014 at 12:46 pm

What size pkg of Oreos? I just came home with one that only has 3 rows, ugh? It’s 14.3 oz. is that the same size? Thanks!!

• beantownbaker — September 2nd, 2014 @ 7:09 pm

Did that work for you? I will have to check next time I am at the store. I just get the standard size with 3 rows.