Cue JAWS music…

When deciding what to take for our Jimmy Buffett tailgating experience, I of course thought of making cupcakes! I made the Margarita cupcakes but also wanted something more traditional… I saw a picture of some beach and shark cupcakes and thought they were really cute and very fitting.

As usual, when I make more than 1 kind of recipe, I make one from scratch and one from a box. I made the margarita cupcakes from scratch and used the WW Diet Coke method on these babies.

Diet Coke Cupcakes – 2 WW pts

1 box cake mix – I used Devil’s Food
1 can of diet coke – any variety will do – I used Diet Dr Pepper
1 egg white (to help hold it all together)

Follow directions on box for cake or cupcakes except use only ingredients listed above.

I used store bought frosting that and dyed it blue.

17 Responses to “Dorito Oreo Popcorn”

Ashley — January 30, 2013 at 9:51 am

I am intrigued! I like Oreos and Doritos separately, so I will have to give this popcorn a try. My three-year-old is King of Interesting Combinations, so I know I’ll have a buddy to share it with. πŸ™‚

• beantownbaker — January 30th, 2013 @ 12:12 pm

Hubby definitely kind of gave me a weird look when I was chowing down on this πŸ˜‰

chelsea @ serves two — January 30, 2013 at 11:30 pm

no way! i just posted some doritos chocolate chip cookies on my blog! love the chocolate/dorito combo! this looks super delish πŸ™‚

• beantownbaker — January 31st, 2013 @ 1:59 pm

That is crazy! I bet Doritos in cookies is amazing!

Karen — February 1, 2013 at 12:32 am

Love this idea! Definitely going to try it soon. I am also thinking Sun Chips would be an awesome part of the combination

nicole @ i am a Honey Bee — February 1, 2013 at 4:06 pm

this is weird… I like it.

• beantownbaker — February 3rd, 2013 @ 9:47 pm

weird? absolutely. delicous? for sure πŸ˜‰

Megan — February 1, 2013 at 7:22 pm

What an interesting combo. I always did popcorn, Sourpatch Kids, and Raisinets at the movies, so I can see how this would work.

• beantownbaker — February 3rd, 2013 @ 9:47 pm

Woah – now that’s an interesting combination. I like all of those things separately. I’m going to have to try them all together the next time I go to a movie.

Kris @everywhereorange.com — February 2, 2013 at 4:38 pm

This sounds amazing. i should admit that i am 37 weeks pregnant and have eaten a ton of oreos and doritos this pregnancy, why oh why didn’t i think to put them together!!! thank you!!!!

• beantownbaker — February 3rd, 2013 @ 9:46 pm

Haha, glad I gave you the idea. Hope you like them together πŸ˜‰

Erica @ In and Around Town — February 5, 2013 at 10:39 am

This combination is crazy, but that just means I am going to have to go home and try it. This could totally hit the spot I am sure πŸ™‚

• beantownbaker — February 6th, 2013 @ 11:43 am

Let me know what you think if you do try it

Joy — February 7, 2013 at 8:57 am

I happen to think this sounds perfect, and not at all strange. But i’m the girl that likes to eat dortitos inside my PB&J sandwiches, and dip french fries in milkshakes…..so to me this makes sense! I’ll have to give it a try – thanks for posting!

• beantownbaker — February 7th, 2013 @ 6:20 pm

OMG I totally forgot about Doritos inside a PB&J!! I used to do that too. MMmmm.

Sues — February 7, 2013 at 11:08 am

OK this is totally weird, but I would totally eat it. Talk about a junk food dream!

• beantownbaker — February 7th, 2013 @ 6:18 pm

It’s totally a junk food dream πŸ™‚