Banana Blueberry Muffins

I try to make muffins every weekend so that we have something healthy to eat for breakfast during the week. This weekend I had some VERY ripe bananas and some leftover blueberries (from when I made the white chocolate-blueberry cupcakes). I found this recipe in my WW recipes and we love it. We both agreed it’s tied with the lemon berry muffins (recipe to come) for #1 for best muffin.

Banana blueberry Muffins – 2 WW pts – from www.prevention.com – serves 12
2 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 c brown sugar – I used Splenda brown sugar mix
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cup mashed bananas
4 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup fresh blueberries

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin (I used paper liners)

In a large bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda.

In a separate bowl, combine bananas, egg whites, and vanilla.

Mix the banana mixture into the flour mixture until smooth. Fold in blueberries.

Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins.

Bake 16 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Nutritional Information (please double check with your ingredients and serving sizes – I use this recipe calculator)
1 muffin: 129.6 Calories, 0.5 g Fat, 0.0 mg Cholesterol, 189.5 mg Sodium, 144.4 mg Potassium, 26.7 g Carbs, 3.1 g Dietary Fiber, 0.7 g Sugar, 4.0 g Protein
WW Pts – 2

Note – I am submitting this in Joelen’s Marvelous Muffins blogging event. Check out the details here.

13 Responses to “Raspberry Chipotle Jam”

Samantha — January 22, 2014 at 6:56 pm

Raspberry and chipotle! what a combo. I love this idea. I could put chipotle in anything and be happy.

• beantownbaker — January 22nd, 2014 @ 9:37 pm

Chipotle is a flavor I’m learning to love as I use it more and more!

Ashley @ My Midwest Table — January 23, 2014 at 10:32 am

Holy yum! This jam reminds me of the sauce in one of my favorite appetizers from a little restaurant in Kansas. It was raspberry chipotle sauce combined with cream cheese and black beans, and it was served warm with tortilla chips. The best!

• beantownbaker — January 23rd, 2014 @ 2:15 pm

Is it So Long Saloon by chance?…

If so, check back on Tuesday…

• beantownbaker — January 23rd, 2014 @ 2:17 pm

BTW, I just saw in your bio that you went to Purdue – I did too! Aero engineering for me. Crazy about that shooting this week…

Ashley @ My Midwest Table — January 23, 2014 at 3:48 pm

Yes, So Long Saloon! We lived in Manhattan for a few years while my husband worked on his PhD. Can’t wait to see what you’ve cooked up on Tuesday!

Goodness, what a coincidence that you are a Purdue alumna too! Yes, so crazy and so sad.

Shannon — January 26, 2014 at 4:01 pm

this is definitely one i’ll need to make, great flavor combo 🙂

Nutmeg Nanny — February 4, 2014 at 3:38 pm

Oh gosh, this is such a fun flavor combination 🙂 I can’t wait to try this out!

Jac — September 10, 2014 at 10:57 am

I am super excited to try this recipe out. I love idea of the sweet of the fruit and the heat of the pepper. I will let you know how mine turns out.

*I just moved to Boston which is how I found your website. I’m sorta sad that you moved back to Ohio because I would love to meet you. 😀

• beantownbaker — September 12th, 2014 @ 10:40 pm

Hope it turns out well for you! We love this jam. It’s really good on a breakfast sandwich.

MezzoBetsy — September 19, 2014 at 1:25 pm

Oh, yum! I’m a great fan of using jams, marmalades and chutneys with meat in the crockpot or as a glaze on roasts. This would be perfect on a pork tenderloin.

Joy — January 9, 2015 at 7:41 pm

how do you make it without the jam maker? I have a breadmaking machine that can make jelly, would it work about the same?

Lucinds — July 7, 2017 at 7:41 pm

Are there any water bath instructions?