New favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe

I’ve always been very loyal to the Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. Everytime I make them, it reminds me of the Friends episode when Monica makes like 30 batches of cookies to try to match the taste of Pheobe’s grandmother’s secret recipe. Then Pheobe says that her grandmother’s name is Nessley Toolhause. It’s quite funny, as most Friends episodes are.

I thought I’d give this recipe a try since it gets rave reviews on the WC board. Hubby and I both agree that these are our new favorite chocolate chip cookies recipe. They’re so soft and just perfect. We both took some to work and everyone else agreed that they were great.

Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies (makes ~3.5 dozen)Original recipe from Joelen
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour – I use King Arthurs White Whole Wheat Flour 1 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cups packed brown sugar – I use Splenda Brown Sugar Baking Mix
1/4 cup white sugar
1 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix – I used French Vanilla
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips – I used 3/4 cup chocolate and 3/4 cup of the chocolate/carmel swirl chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.

Nutritional Information: TBD

19 Responses to “Chocolate Bacon Cupcakes with Caramel Frosting”

Megan — January 13, 2011 at 5:06 pm

I’ll take any leftovers! They sound amazing. I keep saying dessert recipes with bacon and bookmarking them, but I haven’t tried any yet. Adding this one to the list now too. 🙂

ann — January 13, 2011 at 5:07 pm

These look so terrific. I love the flavor combinations!

Blog is the New Black — January 13, 2011 at 5:08 pm

I’m intrigued!

KV — January 13, 2011 at 5:46 pm

interesting! I have a recipe for chocolate bacon fudge or maybe pb bacon fudge but I’m afraid to try it

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — January 13, 2011 at 6:01 pm

The frosting sounds amazing. I honestly still can’t bring myself to get behind bacon in desserts. Maybe someday I’ll try a bacon cupcake if I’m given one though. 🙂 I can only resist so long.

Jennifer — January 13, 2011 at 6:08 pm

YUM! These look so good! I haven’t tried the bacon / sweet combo yet, but I’m sure I would love it!

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — January 13, 2011 at 6:13 pm

This looks delicious but I’ve got to ask….what is a pirate party?

Jen — January 13, 2011 at 6:21 pm

Fun and Fearless – It’s exactly like it sounds… Everyone dresses up as a pirate (or something related – Hubby and I went as Treasure maps last year). They even hire this guy who looks like Captain Jack Sparrow to come and there’s a prize for best costume. One of the best parties of the year!

Cupcake Activist — January 13, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Sounds great! The problem I’ve seen with bacon is that sometimes it is chewy in cupcakes. That’s not good. I like that this recipe says to cook until crispy. Extra crispy for me!

Laura and Alex — January 13, 2011 at 9:11 pm

My favorite candy bar is bacon chocolate!!! I can’t wait to try this 🙂

Carrie — January 13, 2011 at 9:13 pm

Wow, those look and sound amazing!

Shannon — January 13, 2011 at 9:42 pm

oh yum. after putting bacon in last years cookies this might need to be next 🙂

Corrine — January 13, 2011 at 9:56 pm

I’m so curious to try bacon in baked goods, but do you think turkey bacon would work?

Jen — January 13, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Corrine – I’m sure turkey bacon would work if you could get it nice and crispy. I’ve heard that if the bacon isn’t super crispy, it has a really weird chewy texture in baked goods.

Corrine — January 14, 2011 at 2:11 am

Thanks Jen! I’m going to give it a try!

Evan Thomas — January 14, 2011 at 2:28 pm

This has just about everything that I would want to go together. Awesome recipe!

Medifast Coupons — January 14, 2011 at 4:10 pm

This is certianly a unqiue mixture of tastes and textures, but it comes together nicely. Definatly a must try!

darcyeats — January 14, 2011 at 6:22 pm

Chocolate..caramel…bacon…PERFECTION.
    I am infatuated with the perfect smoky/salty addition of bacon into sweet baked goods. So delicious. Of course, I’m kind of a fan of adding bacon into just about anything.
    Great pics, def wanna try these out!

kitchenmisfit — January 16, 2011 at 1:01 am

Sorry the cupcakes didn’t turn out like you wanted. Have you ever tried the bacon/chocolate cupcake at Cherry Bomb Bakery in Brighton? They are fantastic!