Cookies-N-Cream Cupcakes

Cookies-N-Cream Cupcakes – 6 WW pts with frosting (from Crazy about Cupcakes) makes 24
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 2/3 cup sugar
3 large egg whites, at room temperature
1 cup chocolate sandwich cookies, lightly crushed
Preheat over to 350F. Insert liners into a medium cupcake pan.

In a large bowl cream together the butter, milk, and vanilla with an electric mixer until fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.

In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
Add the dry ingredients to butter mixture. Mix until integrated. Stir in sugar. With an electric mixer on low speed, beat for 30 seconds. Turn the mixer up to medium speed and beat for 2 minutes. Add the egg whites. Beat for 2 more minutes. Stir in the crushed cookies.
Fill the cupcake lines three-quarters full. Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cupcakes comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in the pan.

For frosting, we used this recipe and crushed up some Oreos and mixed them in as well.

Nutritional Information (please double check with your ingredients and serving sizes – I use this recipe calculator)
1 cupcake: 214.4 Calories, 7.9g Fat, 10.9 mg Cholesterol, 149.7 mg Sodium, 48.6 mg Potassium, 33.9 g Carbs, 0.6 g Dietary Fiber, 14.4 g Sugar, 2.5 g Protein
WW POINTS = 5
Frosting: 58.9 Calories, 2.6g Fat, 0.5 mg Cholesterol, 48.2 mg Sodium, 22.7 mg Potassium, 8.6 g Carbs, 0.1 g Dietary Fiber, 2.3 g Sugar, 0.6 g Protein
WW POINTS = 1

11 Responses to “Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix”

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — December 20, 2010 at 4:27 pm

This looks like such a perfect gift! Are those your homemade marshmallows I spy in the mug?

Jen — December 20, 2010 at 4:29 pm

Of course they are! I seriously can’t justify buying marshmallows anymore. They’re just so easy and SO good homemade. I even whipped up a batch to put on our twice baked sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving.

Blog is the New Black — December 20, 2010 at 4:45 pm

I really wanted to do this this year for gifts but time escaped me. Looks great!

Boston Food Diary — December 20, 2010 at 4:52 pm

Soooo here’s the deal- A Boston Food Diary is going to look A LOT like Beantown Baker next week as I steal your recipes 🙂 Looks great Jen!

Megan — December 20, 2010 at 6:15 pm

Why have I never thought about doing this? It looks so easy and it definitely would give me an excuse to make some homemade marshmallows!

Danielle — December 20, 2010 at 8:27 pm

That looks like an amazing gift! Making a homemade hot cocoa would definetly save money. Thanks for the recipe(:

EliFla — December 20, 2010 at 10:54 pm

Ghirardelli cocoa is very good and your homemade hot cocoa mix …too!!! May you have a special merry Christmas!!!Hugs, Flavia

Meghan@travelwinedine — December 21, 2010 at 1:17 am

I have never thought of making my own cocoa mix OR marshmallows. I feel a winter project coming on. Looks delicious!

kitchenmisfit — December 21, 2010 at 1:33 am

I have had this bookmarked to make to some gifts for a couple of my girlfriends. So awesome and easy to make!

-Amanda

dana — December 21, 2010 at 6:24 pm

Loads of thanks to you. I can make everyone happy this Christmas. This recipe is even easy to follow.

innochkaskitchen — December 24, 2010 at 3:01 am

Yum! What a great holiday gift idea!