Cilantro Turkey Burgers (3 WW pts) & Sauteed Mushrooms (2 WW pts)

Hubby swears that a burger isn’t a burger unless it’s beef. That was his opinion until he ate this turkey burger. We love it and it’s now one a staple on our menu! Thanks Joelen for the recipe!

We’ve also been on a big mushroom kick recently. I love to put sauteed mushrooms on anything!

Cilantro Turkey Burgers (from Joelen)
1 pound lean ground turkey
1 half large red onion
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro (I used about a cup – we love Cilantro!)
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (I used 2 cloves of garlic, minced)
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
olive oil

In a bowl, grate onion. This allows it to add moisture to the turkey and even cooking.
To the grated onion, add turkey, cilantro & spices.
Combine thoroughly without over handling.
Shape into 4 patties.
Heat up grill pan or grill. Add oil to lubricate grill pan/grill. Cook on grill pan/grill pan until juices run clear.
Recipe for Sauteed Mushrooms: HERE
I calculated the points as 3 per turkey burger, not counting the bun or anything else you put on it.

9 Responses to “PB&J Omelet”

SimplySweeter — June 18, 2010 at 11:29 am

I’m disgusted…….but intrigued. LOL It sounds like it wouldn’t work…but as a fellow PB&J lover, I’m going to try it pretty soon. I wonder how it would all be with chocolate drizzled on top. Too much?? LOL

Sherry G — June 18, 2010 at 1:26 pm

Ahh I should have checked my Google reader before I had breakfast! I was craving a PB&J sandwich, but only had stale bread..=( I ate it anyway.. but this would have been so much better! I need to try this.

Elina — June 18, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Hmm, I’m not sure about this one… 😉

Amanda — June 18, 2010 at 3:31 pm

not gunna lie…thought this was weird but i’m sorta tempted to try it! num nummm, i’m obsessed with pb…so how could it be bad?

hannah! — June 18, 2010 at 3:55 pm

i love pb & j…but im not sure if i’d love it that much on eggs…..

sorry!

Nikki57 — June 18, 2010 at 7:36 pm

When I saw this in my google reader I was like “whoa someone else makes PB&J omlets.” I had posted about them so long ago I forgot, but I’m so happy to have someone else who loves the combo!

Jen — June 18, 2010 at 10:39 pm

I’m loving all the comments today. Like I always tell Hubby, don’t hate it ’til you try it!

Kerstin — June 19, 2010 at 1:40 am

This is funny because my hubby often eats egg whites with peanut butter on top – apparently it’s a big body builder thing to get the right ratio of fat and protein – haha, so you’re not alone, I can imagine he’d love the jelly with this too!

And I really like your top 30 post – very inspiring!

Cara — June 20, 2010 at 3:19 pm

I can kind of see how this works! I made pb&j stuffed french toast once, and this is kind of like that, minus the bread. Like a low-carb pb&j! I might have to give it a shot 🙂